Chapter Ten

Zayn's POV (cause I can, but I probably won't do this often)

I looked at the card Grace had sent out, she looked so beautiful. It had taken forever to chose a picture, but I know we picked the right one. Below the picture we had put a little description.

Mia Limson, Mom to Be

Due July 8th

Expecting a baby boy

It had a pretty blue trimming and was solid green, otherwise. Little rubber ducks, pacifiers, teddy bears and diapers decorated it. Today was the day, I had planned out the party for her.

I knew she would be mad at me, she hated stuff like this, but a maternity party will be nice. I wasn't the best party planner in the world either, so I just pray that she likes the party. My cell rang.

"Hey, we're ready. Could you get her over here?" Niall had helped planned most of the party. He took the news pretty well when we told him he wasn't the father. In fact, although he liked the idea of a kid, he knew he wasn't ready to be a dad. To be fair, I don't even know if I'm ready, but that's okay. I love Mia and this baby. That makes it all okay.

"Yeah. Expect us in about ten minutes." I hung up. Mia thought we were going out for dinner when I told her to be ready at five. She emerged from the room right after I hung up. Fully dressed, she was docked out in a purple top and black yoga pants. I told her to dress casual.

"Come on, hurry up. I'm starved." Mia waddled when she walked now. I thought it was kinda funny. I mean, she was almost eight months pregnant, what else did she expect?

"Okay. I'm hurrying. Don't worry, love." We had to take the elevator. No way would Mia walk down those stairs.

The party I planned was big. Niall and I had spent hours looking through her facebook, cellphone and asking friends about who to invite. Cody and Eli helped a whole lot, so did Spencer and Tara. It was difficult to explain to the guests that I had to call who I was and why I was calling. The total guest list was about 50. My bandmates (except Harry), Cody, Eli, Spencer, Tara, my parents, the other boys' parents, a few friends from her birthing classes and her family were just some of the people on the guest list. I was clueless of who to invite. Some were obvious, but otherwise I had to go off of what her friends said.

"Babe, what restaurant is this exactly?" She asked when we were on my block.

"Oh, um, I just need to grab something from inside. You can come with me." I'd told everyone to park a block or so away to divert suspition.

"Yeah, sure." We stopped infront of my house and I helped her out of the passenger's side. Butterflies filled my stomach as we neared the front door. People were hiding in the living room. I opened the door and took Mia's hand. We walked into the dark living room. I flicked the lights on.

"SUPRISE!" People jumped out. Mia didn't even flinch.

"You, Zayn..." She trailed off, eyeing the kids in the room.

I checked out the decorations. They looked wonderful. Blue streamers lined the walls as well as construction paper ducks, pacifiers, storks, bottles, blocks, foot prints and more. Each guest had gotten a teddy bear with their name on it. I was suprised that my living room accomodated all these people. It was big, sure, but Niall and the boys had somehow found room for everyone. The cost for the party was not cheap, but it was worth it for Mia.

I noticed Mia had wandered off, greeting people. I then noticed her hugging a large man and tall boy. I gulped.

"Hey, mate. You should go introduce yourself to her dad and brother. Nice men." Liam gave me a little push towards them. I swallowed my nerves and walked over.