Chapter Thirteen

My consciousness faded in and out a lot for about three hours. I vaguely remembered the car ride. I remembered Spencer running in screaming about how I needed help and breaking down into tears.

Only bits of that time after was memorable. They had hooked me up to an IV and done some tests. Finally, I awoke three hours after passing out at first. Gauze were wrapped around my head. A nurse smiled when she saw me.

"Well hello, sleepy head. I'm Brenda. How are you feeling?"

"Like crap." I moaned.

"Could you be more specific?" She took out a clipboard and a pen.

"I'm hungry, tired, my head hurts and my stomach and feet are sore." I answered. I was getting frustrated.

"Well, that's pretty normal. I'm gonna get your dad and brother in here, if that's all right with you." She set the clipboard on my bedside table.

"Is there anyone named Zayn out there?" A beat.

"Not that I know of, but I'll just send in your dad and brother." She left the room. A minute later, my dad and Micheal walked in.

My dad's eyes were moist. Micheal looked as though he had been crying.

"Mia?" Micheal choked up and kneeled next to my bed. "Are you okay? I was so worried!"

"I'm fine." I gave him a weak smile.

"I'm getting the doctor. I want a full report on what happened." Micheal left the room. My dad took a seat next to the hospital bed.

"Hey, sweets." He put a hand on my forehead gently, just like he did when I was younger.

"Hi, dad." I responded.

"Are you okay?"

"I feel just fine." It wasn't quite true, but at least the light-headed-ness went away.

"Not that, you know what I mean."

"I dunno. I'm still kinda absorbing everything. I'm a little scared for what the doctor has to say." Just then, a doctor walked in with Micheal, who was chatting his ear off. The doctor was short and wiry. He had glasses and a lab coat on.

"Mia, this is Dr. Franklin. We were just chatting about where he got his degree from. He went to Stanford! Pretty impressive." Dad and I exchanged a look. Micheal was a smart boy. Sometimes his brains and protective instinct mixed together.

"So, Mia, there's a few issues I want to go over with you. Would you prefer some privacy?" He took a quick glance towards my family.

"Why would she need some privacy? I'm her father. I have a legal right to know what's going on with her." He stood tall above Doctor Franklin.

"Well, actually, uh, sir, she's over eighteen. You being her father doesn't really matter anymore." Wrong choice of words.

"So, you're telling me that those years of changing diapers, taking care of her when she was sick, buying awkward things, and going to every play, choir concert and basketball game, doesn't matter? I hope I heard you wrong, little man." I interjected before things got worse.

"They can stay, doctor. Can you just tell me what's going on?" A worried look in my dad's eyes flooded over the angry one.

"Well, there were multiple factors. You were dehydrated and have low blood pressure. It looks like you also have Gestational Diabetes. You're also in danger for an early arrival. You'll need to start getting ready for these little guys' arrival by..."

"Wait, what did you say?" I gulped.

"I said you'll need to start getting ready for these little guys' arrival."

"Little guys'?" That didn't make any sense.

"Yes. We did an ultrasound while you were unconcious. You're having twins. Did you not know that?" He asked, almost nervously.

"No!" I shot up in my bed. "When's my due date?"

"We're thinking October 26th."

"That's less than two weeks!" I was scared. More scared than when I found out I was pregnant.

"I know. We'll do as much as we can to help you through this. Now, you can leave any time now. I'll give you some medication to take. You'll need a check up every week from now on." He took three bottles of medication out of the cupboard.

"You take this one twice a day. Once before lunch and once before dinner. This one you take in the morning and this one you take two before bed. We'll give you a blood pressure moniter. There's some stuff they'll give you at the front desk for your diet. That should be all."

--------

After we left the hospital, we went straight home. Spencer was asleep on the couch. It was after visiting hours for non-family members. She was too worried to go home. I shook her awake.

"Zayn called." She blurted.

"What?"

"Zayn called. He's going to be here tomorrow and if you still want to move, he's going to help you." There was a beat before I spoke.

"Okay. I need to sleep on it." The second my head hit my pillow, I was out cold.

--------

Dream

I was in the ocean, only about a foot deep in. I began to run when I wave came. Not away from the water, but towards it. I was swept away in the current. I screamed for help but nobody could hear me.

--------

I awoke in a panic. My chest heaved and my breath was erratic. The clock read 8:37. Baba heard me wake up and hopped on my bed.

"Hey, Baba." We nuzzled noses and I got up. I went to my living room to see Spencer asleep on my couch and Micheal on my floor.

"Wake up, nerds." I shouted. Micheal stirred for a second, then continued to sleep. I swear that boy could sleep through a tornado.

"What time is it?" Spencer groaned.

"It's time for you to get up." I turned to go into the kitchen and stopped cold. My stuff was in boxes. "What's going on?"

I turned to face the now fully awoken Spencer.

"Micheal and I packed your stuff." She spoke, her face tomato red.

"Why the hell would you do that?"

"Because Zayn is coming over in an hour and he wants you to move in with him. He showed me a picture of the house and it's beautiful. You need to move in with him because you love each other."

A/N-

How are you liking the story so far? Any ideas of how the story should go? Comment baby names, please!

Vote and Comment