Chapter Twenty-Six

Mia

Yawning, I awoke from my short-lived rest. Immediately, I noticed the balloons tied to the end of the bed that were not there before. Yet, before I could sit up, I noticed the light weight on my chest and Noah stirring awake.

"Hi, Noah. How is my baby boy?" I smiled at him. All he did was start crying. What should I do? Just then, a nurse waltzed in.

"Hi, how is everything going?" She smiled and asked.

"Um, he's crying and I don't know what to do." I admitted.

"Oh! He's probably just hungry. Do you know how to feed him?" She questioned.

"Uh, no idea actually." I blushed.

"Well, you will be breastfeeding, I pressume?"

"Yeah, that sounds good." I agreed.

"Okay, I'll need you to pull down the top of your gown." I did as she asked. "Now, I can help you adjust Noah properly so he can latch on."

After a minute or so, Noah latched on and began feeding. Even though it felt uncomfortable, it was still one of the best feelings in the world.

"It's that easy. He'll eat as long as he needs and when he's done, he'll let go."

"Thanks so much." I grinned.

"Of course, do you have any more questions?"

"Actually, I do. How long do I have to be here?" I asked, somewhat shyly.

"Well, you are free to leave at any time, but are welcome to stay as long as needed." She told me.

"Okay, that sounds great." Zayn just then walked into the room.

"Hey, babe. I-" He paused. "Oh! Sorry to interrupt."

I was confused for a second, before realizing I was still feeding Noah.

"Oh, it's fine. Come on in, Zayn." I ushered my boyfriend in.

"Well, I grabbed you some pizza for a late lunch." He held up the slice. "Also, some breadsticks and an apple."

"Oh! Thanks so much." I kissed him on the cheek and grabbed the food. Noah let go of my breast. "Hey, are you done, honey?"

He looked up at me. I smiled and covered up once again.

"Zaynie, could you take Noah while I eat?" Softly, he took the boy out of my arms.

"Hey, Mia, if you don't mind, I'm going to open the curtain to check on your roommate." The nurse announced. First, she pulled back the curtain and then, she walked in.

"Hey, Cam, how are you doing?" I heard her ask.

"This is really good pizza." I told Zayn.

"Yeah, I was suprised. I got a turkey sandwich and it was really good." He told me.

"You're the best for getting me this." I grinned.

"You deserve it." He brushed his hand across Noah's curls.

"I love you."

"I love you, too." He met my eyes. We stared like that for a while before the nurse spoke again.

"Mia, if you need anything, just press that red button on the side of the bed." She told me before leaving.

"Hey, if you don't mind, I'm going to take a quick walk around. Do you care if I take Noah?" Zayn asked me.

"Of course not. Spend some time with your boy." He grabbed my hand briefly before leaving the room.

After finishing my pizza, I grabbed my phone off the nearby table. Suddenly, I was alerted of a dozen or so messages. A few friends had texted, and some gossip sites had mentioned me. Instagram alerted me I was tagged in @zaynmalik's picture.