Chapter Twenty-Eight

Mia

After an couple hours of playing at the park, we went our seperate ways.

"What's the time?" I asked Harry.

"Um," he checked his watch. "3:55."

"Okay, Cody and Eli are going to be over at four to help with dinner. Everyone else should be home at 5:30." I told him, setting Noah in the car seat we had put in Harry's car.

"Do you need my help, too?" He got into the driver's seat.

"No, we should be fine." I slammed the door behind me and buckled up. He started the car.

"Do you want me to turn on the radio?" He questioned, pulling out of the parking spot.

"Yes, please." I took out my phone as the music filled the car.

To prove I'm right
I put it in a song
I don't know why
You're being shy

"Oh god." I groaned.

"What, you don't like this song?" Harry smirked.

"I do, but..." Harry began to sing.

Baby, you light up my world like nobody else
The way you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed

"Harry! Pay attention to the road!" I giggled.

You don't know,
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful

"Shouldn't Zayn be singing me this, anyway?" I teased. He stopped singing.

"I wish not." He grumbled, barely audible.

"What?" I sat up in my seat.

"I didn't say anything." He lied.

"No, I heard you say you wished Zayn wouldn't sing to me. Why, Harry?" I accused.

"Because I love you!" He sputtered out.

Harry

Fuck, what did I just say?

"What did you just say?" Mia breathed.

"I love you?" I offered, embarrassed, pulling over the car about a block from the house.

"What the fuck does that mean?" She shrieked.

"It means that I was stupid for leaving. It means that I think you are one of the most beautiful, amazing girls I've ever met. Zayn is my mate and he makes you happy, so that makes me happy, but I still wish you would love me like you love him." I confessed.

"Harry..." She started.

"I know." I interrupted. "I know this this won't work and you can't be with me, but I just wanted you to know. You're really special, and you mean a lot to me. Even if the only love I get from you is our kids, that's enough for me."

"Harry, you're really sweet, but I'm with Zayn." She sighed.

"If he treats you right, then I'm not going to ruin that." Tears started in my eyes. "Can I just try something?"

Before I could think, I pressed my lips against hers.

Mia

Fuck, we were kissing. Time seemed to stop while our lips stayed touching. Suddenly, he pulled away. That was bad. What just happened? The worst part?

I kissed back.

Harry

She kissed back. Her lips moved with mine.