Chapter Sixteen

"So I said, 'I'm pretty sure you're gonna owe him more than five bucks!'" Micheal told the punch line to the story he had been telling us, and we burst out laughing.

"Jeez, wasn't Freddy the kid who always picked his nose in the sixth grade?" I questioned.

"Yep, he's a total pothead now. Destined to forever live in his parent's basement."

"Disappointing. What happened to the friend of yours that had a crush on me for like, five years?" Ah, childhood memories.

"Garret? He graduated high school a year early. I think he's at Cambridge U right now. Going for engineering or something." I nodded.

"Doing pretty well for himself. I should give him a call..." I wondered aloud.

"Hey!" Zayn cut in.

"Just as friends, of course." I giggled and gave him a solid kiss on the mouth.

"Keep it PG. At least wait until these little guys are out before working on another one." Micheal chortled.

"Shut up, dorkwad. You'll understand when you're in love. Speaking of, how's Allison?"

"We uh, broke up." His face flushed.

"I'm sorry, Monkey."

"It's alright, Minnie." Using the childhood nicknames always made one of us feel better.

"Woah! It's nearly noon. We should get shopping, sis. Don't worry, I'll take good care of her, Zayn." Micheal grinned lopsidedly.

"Nice seeing you, Micheal." I saw Micheal take a deep breath and give Zayn a hug. It was a big step for the usually reserved boy.

"Bye, Zayn." He let go and we left together.

"So, big sis, where are we headed first?" Micheal asked as we headed towards his parked car.

"I dunno. We could head into Uptown and look at some of those richie rich baby stores. Y'know, the ones named Pacifier 21 and stuff."  I giggled as Micheal helped me into the passanger seat. 

"Don't you want to conserve your money?" Micheal questioned.

"Dude, my boyfriend is a multi-millionare. He said not to spend over $10,000. I'll be fine." Micheal strapped himself in and pulled out.

"I just worry about you, sis. I don't want you getting sucked into self-indulgence just because you can." We continued the quick drive to uptown. Some old song from our childhood played in the background. 

"Still into Bon Jovi?" I raised my eyebrow at my younger brother.

"Of course, Bon Jovi is a legend." He stated it oh-so-obviously.

"I thought that was John Legend." I cackled at my cheesy joke. Micheal simply rolled his eyes. 

"We're here." He parked by a strip mall that contained at least two baby stores. 

"Told you! Right there! Pacifier 21. We have to go in." I begged my brother. He groaned slightly but followed me in.

We were greeted immediately by a young, slightly pregnant woman. 

"Hi, I'm Kristina. How can I help you today?" She smiled.

"Uh, I'm looking for clothes for little boys." I told her.

"Okay, I'm getting really good at this. You are seven and a half months pregnant with twins. Am I right?" Kristina gave me a grin.

"Eight, but pretty close, how'd you know?" 

"It's a little trick they teach us when we start working here. It helps us help you for what you may need. Here, I'll show you the boys clothes." We both waddled over to the boy's clothes. The brands ranged every where from Ralph Lauren to Burberry to Miniclasix. 

I was glad Micheal had grabbed a basket. 

"Would you like a shopping assistiant today?" Kristina asked me. Damn, talk about high class.

"Do we need that, Mia?" He saw the want on my face.

"Well, it's not like you know anything about baby clothing shopping." 

"I so do! Look at these cute monkey jammies. Grab two of those. See? I know what I'm doing!" Micheal rambled.

"Can you be my shopping assistant, Kristina?" I asked the young woman. 

"Of course, hun. So, I will keep track of how much you spend. Each of those were $42.00." She took out a notepad and calculator to track my purchases. 

We continued to shop through the aisles. Often, I would grab a onesie or shirt in one color and another in a different color. 

"Okay, we're up to three thousand dollars." I blushed as Micheal gave me a pointed look.

"I think we're done." I giggled. Kristina took us to the check out.

"You're so lucky your husband is willing to go shopping with you. My husband will find any excuse to avoid baby shopping with me." She told me.

"Him?" I pointed towards my brother. "He's not my husband."

He was messing around with one of the displays and managed to oh-so-smoothly knock it over.

"Oh, boyfriend?"

"No, no, no, no, no. He's my younger brother. We're having a bonding day." I actually laughed out loud.

"Oh, sorry. I just figured..." She trailed off as she finished checking me out. "Have a nice day."

Micheal carried all the bags as we headed towards Baby Needs.

"Okay, we need to get two cribs, two highchairs, a changing table, an armoire, a diaper bag and Zayn is picking up a matching bassinet, so that's all we need." I told Micheal.

"That's all!? You're lucky I brought dad's truck, Mia." I shoved my brother, playfully.

"You'll understand when you're getting ready to have a baby, little brother."

A/N

Hope you guys liked the extra long chapter. Consider it a holiday gift! I'm getting a few chapters done before school break is over so hopefully I can update more regularly.

Next Chapter- More shopping, some paparazzi issues and a little family dinner