Chapter Twenty-Five

Mia

"What's going on?" Zayn yelled. Nobody bothered to respond as one of my sons was rushed out of the room.

"Is he okay?" I questioned. Finally, Doctor Gillens came to talk to us.

"Your son stopped breathing after he exited the womb. They're getting him hooked up to help him breath right now. I can't tell you for sure what will happen at this moment. I'm sorry." She explained.

"What about our other son?" Zayn worried.

"He's fine. He is just getting washed up right now. What would you like to name him?" She took out a clipboard, smiling.

"Noah Bennett Limson." It took a while, but we had decided on my last name for the boys, just to keep things simple. She scribbled it on the paper.

"And for the other?"

"Sawyer Chase Limson." I grinned. Just then, a nurse came in with one of them.

"Say hi to mommy!" The nurse cooed. "Would you like to hold him?"

"Of course." I smiled. She handed him to me. Damn, he was small. All he did was stare up at me with these beautiful hazel eyes.

"Hi, Noah. I'm your mommy." Tears started to wet my eyes. "And I love you very much."

Then, I swear the most miraculous thing happened. Noah grabbed my hand. His hands are just so tiny and the fact that I made this tiny little human is so amazing.

"He looks so much like you." Zayn commented, grinning.

"Really?"

"Yeah, he has your eyes." Zayn kissed my cheek.

"Are we allowed to have visitors?" I asked, still not taking my eyes away from Noah.

"Of course, whenever you're ready." The nurse replied.

"Zayn, baby?"

"You want me to get them in here?" He guessed.

"Yes, please." He kissed my nose and Noah's head before he left.

Zayn

Mia looked so lovely cradling Noah in her arms. Still, my stomach turned at the thought of Sawyer. Why weren't they telling us anything? I made it out to the lobby. Immediately, the boys stood. Noticing, so did everybody else.

"Noah Bennett was born at 6 lbs and 7 ounces. Would you like to see him?" Obviously, everybody hurried to follow me back.

"What about the other one?" Mr.Limson asked. I gulped.

"Um. Sawyer Chase was only 5 lbs. He's having a little trouble breathing right now, honestly. But the nurses tell us everything is alright." I reassured them.

We reached the room and I led them in to see a smiling Mia and sleeping Noah.

"Being a baby is tiring." She told us.

Mia

"Is this my grandson?" Dad asked, approaching the bed.

"Yeah, do you want to hold him?"

"Of course I do." Carefully, he took the little boy out of my arms and cradled him in his own. "He reminds me of Micheal as a baby."

"Really?" I grinned.

"Yeah, he was a tiny little baby." Dad laughed.

"Didn't stay that way for long." I grinned fondly at my brother.