Chapter Twenty-Seven

Mia

Harry and I stood side by side, watching our baby struggle to breathe for what felt like forever.

"When can you leave?" Harry asked.

"Whenever, really. I just feel bad, leaving him here." I sighed.

"You should go home for a little bit." He suggested.

"But who's going to watch him while I am? I just sent Zayn home for a shower." Honestly, I was so overwhelmed I could cry.

"Are you kidding? I could, I can assure you the boys would, your dad and brother. You have plenty of people that would be willing to be here to help you." He explained. For the first time in the last 24 hours, I felt relieved.

"Thank you, Harry." Without thinking, I brought him in for a hug. Startled, he patted my back. I then realized Noah was squished in between us and let go.

"Sorry." I blushed.

"No, really, it's fine. Do you want me to drive you home?" He asked.

"Yeah, could you?" We headed towards my room to grab all my things.

"Hey, are you going home?" Cam asked when we arrived.

"Yeah. I'm hoping to take a quick nap when we get there." I smiled.

"I know. It was nice to meet you. Here, take my number. We can arrange playdates." She scribbled on a pad of paper. Ripping out the page, she handed it to me.

By then, Harry had gathered all the balloons, flowers, and bags.

"Ready to go?" I nodded. Quickly, we headed downstairs and towards the front desk.

"I'm checking out." I told the lady working.

"Okay. Just sign these forms." She handed me a few sheets of paper that I signed quickly. "Thank you. Have a nice day."

We continued to the garage to find Harry's car. Once we did, he loaded it in and opened the passenger door for me. I nodded at him in thanks and crawled in. While he got in the driver's seat, I buckled myself in.

Carefully, as he turned on the car, I held Noah to my chest. The drive wasn't too far, so I figured it'd be fine.

"Do you have any plans for the rest of the week?" Harry asked.

"Well, resting a lot, hopefully. Other than that, no." I laughed.

Harry

God, she was beautiful when she laughed.

"We should get together, sometime." I suggested.

"You know I'm still with Zayn, right Harry?" Like she had to remind me.

"Yeah, just for Noah, y'know? I know this great park we could take him to."

"Sounds great." A smile met her lips.

Mia

Honestly, I was glad Harry wasn't still angry. This could work out nicely. We approached Zayn and I's home.

"We're here." Harry announced as he parked the car.

"Can you help me bring the stuff in?" I asked, grabbing my purse.

"Of course." I took my purse with one hand and held Noah in my other arm. Harry opened my door for me before grabbing the gifts. Eventually, we headed towards the door. I unlocked it to let us inside.

"You can just set those in the dining room." Of course, being he was Zayn's friend, he knew where it was. "Man, I'm tired. I think I'm just gonna take a seat."