Chapter Eleven

*Zayn's POV*

Once we had finished up with the gifts, it was time for cake. Liam had found the perfect cake yesterday a a small bakery downtown.

 "What type of cake did you get? What type of cake did you get? What type of cake did you get?" Mia bounced excitedly in her seat.

"Calm down, love." Eventually, Niall and Liam wheeled out the large cake. I had to help Mia stand. She pulled me towards the large cake.

"Yummy." She grinned happily. Louis cut the cake and the boys passed out pieces.

-------

Mia was already on her second piece of cake when I noticed Micheal had snuck outside. I felt bad I hadn't made much of an effort to bond with him. I followed him out onto the porch. He sat on a bench, staring off into space. I approached him, quietly.

"Micheal?" I whispered. His head turned quickly to face me.

"Oh, Zayn, hey." His eyes looked hostile.

"Do you mind if I sit?" He scooted over.

"I guess not." I sat down next to the boy.

"Do you have a problem with me?" His eyes met mine in a harsh manor.

"Yes." Micheal spoke firmly.

"Why?" Shockingly, he laughed. He stood and towered over me.

"Really? You want to know why I have a problem with you? Mia had dreams of going to a Uni. She wanted to do something with her life, then you knocked her up and took that away from her. Besides, aren't you almost 21? She's 18, that doesn't seem even a little weird to you?" Micheal paced.

"No, I could deal with that. What bothers me the most is you know nothing about her."

"I know enough." I fought back.

"Okay, tell me then, what happened to our mom? If you know her so fucking well, you'd be able to tell me." I couldn't answer the question.

"See, nothing! You'll be like everybody else in our lives. You'll make her happy for a while and then you'll leave. She'll be broken hearted and I'll be the one picking up the pieces. God, at least no one else got her pregnant." Micheal kicked over a flower pot in anger.

"Micheal, I love your sister and-" I tried to explain myself, but he interupted.

"Don't treat me like a little kid! I'm seventeen, not five. I'm just tired of people like you ruining everything!" I couldn't take it anymore. I blew up.

"People like me? What the hell is that supposed to mean? I love your sister and I care for her as much as anyone could. Don't be so fast to judge me. I will stick with your sister." I yelled at who was probably going to be my future brother-in-law.

"Fine." He sat down, calmer than earlier. "You really don't know what happened to our mom?"

"No, Mia only talks about you and your dad. If you don't mind me asking, what did happen?"

"Well, it's kinda a long story. When Mia was in fourth grade, our parents were having issues. Our dad is a firefighter and always on call. So, Mom felt lonely. Mia had a parent-teacher conference and Mia's teacher and our mom got along real well. They started having an affair, we didn't know at the time, but they planned to run away together. Our parents were young when they had us and our mom wanted nothing more than to gain back her youth.

So, one night she just... left. We didn't see her for a few years. Mia then found her number and called. Our mom said she had a new life and didn't want to see us. Mia was heartbroken. Not too long after that, our mom got in a car crash. When we visited her in the hospital, she tried to cover up the fact she had kids to all her new friends. She never spoke to us again. I don't even know where she is."