Epilogue

Zayn

One Month Later

The boys and I sat down, ready to begin our interview. Currently, we were being broadcast in every major county, on all seven continents. Finally, our interviewer sat down in a chair across from us.

"Three... Two... One." The camera man mouths the last word.

"And finally, our guests, welcome One Direction!" I could almost hear the clapping and cheering that would go on with a studio audience. Today, we didn't have one.

"How are you doing, boys?" She flashed us a broad grin.

"Great. Lovely." We all chimed in.

"So, you are all back in the studio right now, getting ready for your fifth album." She stated.

"That we are." Louis nodded.

"What can we expect from your newest album?"

"Well, it has a different sound than our other ones. Personally, I think this one is my favorite." Harry answered.

"Have you started writing songs already?" She questioned in a gossip-type tone.

"We have quite a few, actually." Niall confirmed.

"Now, can you tell us the name of this mysterious new album?"

"I'm afraid not yet. You'll just have to wait and see." Liam teased. Next week, it was being released.

"Okay." She pouted. "Can you tell us anything about the songs you've written?"

"Well, right now we don't know which songs will be in the actual album. But there are quite a few good ones." Louis dodged around the original question magnificently.

"Do you have any favorites?"

"Well, Zayn wrote a lovely song about his sons that we're all hoping will be on the album." Liam announced.

"Oh yes! How is fatherhood, Zayn?" She leaned in.

"Exhausting, honestly. I love it a lot, but I could do without 3 a.m. diaper changes." I cracked a grin while she laughed.

"I'm sure! How are you all spending your time off right now?"

"Well, I know most of us are with our families, but we also spend a fair amount of time with Zayn's boys." Niall told.

"How are Mia and your boys?"

"They're pretty wonderful. It's nice to be spending plenty of time with them. We take the boys out to parks and to visit family. Starting off, we struggled, but things are starting to get better." I confirmed.

"I'm happy for you. Speaking of, this is the first interview since the rumors of the band breaking up when Harry was not being seen around, could you tell us about that?" Harry and I made brief eye contact.

"Well, there was a wee bit of a spat, but not nearly as bad as the media made it out to be." Louis reassured.

"We were all spending time with our families. I honestly don't know where all the breaking up rumors started. We're stronger as a band than ever." Liam smiled.

"Yes. I was mostly just keeping out of the spotlight. Nothing was going on with the boys and I." Harry lied. Over the past few months, Harry and I had become close again. We decided to forget about all the bad things that happened.

"Thank goodness! Now, because our fans want to know, which of you boys are single?" Slowly, Louis and Harry raised their hands. "Niall! Can you tell us about her?"

For a moment, I cringed.

"Well, um, his name is Micheal. He is Mia's brother actually. He's pretty great." He beamed at her.

"Oh, really? So, what does that mean, are you gay?" She stared at him.

"No. At least, I don't think so. But it doesn't really matter, now does it?" I patted Niall's knee, feeling proud of him.

"Right, right. You heard it here first folks! Niall Horan has a boyfriend! How long have you two been dating?"

"Just about four months." Niall answered.

"Wow! Well, I wish you and Micheal the best of luck." She sounded sincere.

"Thanks." Niall blushed.

"How are things going with you and Sophia, Liam?" The interviewer changed topics.

"Great. I'm very lucky to be with her." He gushed.

"Now, one final question, now that Zayn is a father, are the rest of you thinking about settling down?" Louis laughed.

"I think it will take a while to get the rest of us to settle down." He grinned cheekily.

"Well, that's just about how much time we have left. Thank you for joining us today, boys."

"Of course. Lovely to be here." We all thanked her as the cameras turned off. Finally, we could drop the TV faces.

"Are you lads headed home?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, I want to get a nap in before the studio session later." Liam yawned.

"Aren't we having a concept art meeting afterward for the album cover?" I confirmed.

"Yeah. Honestly, it'd be quicker if one of us designed it. How hard can it be to design something for an album titled New Beginnings?" Louis ranted.

"Oh, calm down, mate." Harry chuckled. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Hey, sorry, I got to answer this." I pulled it out of my pocket. "Hello?"

"Hey, Zaynie." Mia cooed from over the phone.

"Oh, hey, what's up?"

"I just missed you. Your interview was great." I could hear the grin in her voice.

"Yeah, it went pretty well. I miss you, too. Don't worry, I'll make it up when I get home." I promised.

"Hurry back."

"I always hurry to see you." With an air kiss, we said our goodbyes.

Every time I talked to her I fell more in love. God, she was more than anyone I'd ever met. Beautiful, smart, talented, amazing in every single way. Now, we were raising a family together? People don't normally get such wonderful things.

I was the luckiest guy in the whole damn world.