Chapter Six

"So, um, yeah. I got to grab my stuff, I'll be back." Zayn left me in the room with Liam, Louis and Niall.

"So, Mia, do you know the gender?" Liam asked.

"It's a boy. I just found out this morning." Niall smiled.

"May I feel your stomach?" He bit his lip.

"Um, sure." I lifted my shirt to let him touch. Niall walked over and layed a gentle hand on my lower stomach.

"Holy crap! The baby just kicked!" Niall laughed.

"You laugh, it hurts when he kicks my bladder. I gotta pee." I stood and waddled to the bathroom. I did my business and took a look at myself in the mirror.

I used my fingers to comb my long dark brown hair. Nothing really stood out about me. I had tan skin and hazel eyes. Pretty typical.

"Babe, do you want to get going?" Zayn called.

"One sec!" I left the bathroom.

"Bye guys. It was nice seeing everyone. Niall, if you want, you can send your stuff into St.Kate's Hospital for the paternity test." I waved goodbye.

"Will do!" Niall yelled as we left.

"Babe, when do I get to meet your mum?" I asked Zayn.

"She invited me over tomorrow for Family Night and dinner. You'll meet my whole family." I bit my lip, that was a lot of pressure to meet his whole family.

"Sure, that sounds nice." I hummed to the radio.

"When is your baby shower?" Zayn questioned.

"I wasn't going to have one." I announced, now embarrassed.

"You can't just not have a baby shower!" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Well, I don't have time or money for a baby shower." My phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Mia?" It was Tara's voice.

"Oh, hey! What's up, Tara?" I could tell she was crying.

"The girl I'm living with, she just got into a fight with her drug dealer and I don't know what to do! He has a gun." She sobbed.

"Tara, pack up about two weeks worth if clothes, take your tooth brush, a blanket, your phone charger, a brush, your money and anything else you need. Have your baby kit ready. But pack light." I heard some rustling and a bump.

"Okay, I'm packing. I'll be done soon. Then what?" She whimpered.

"Where are they fighting?" I was trying to be calm.

"In her room."

"If you can, take your bag and get out, but be quiet. Not yet." I heard a zipper noise.

"Now, where do you live?" I pulled on my coat and Zayn gave me a questioning look.

"780 29th Ave, in the Euquonis Apartment building, apartment 5D." I noted that.

"Now, do you have your stuff and coat?"

"Yes. I have everything." I prayed that she would be okay.

"Now run, quietly, to your door and bring your stuff with you. I will pick you up downstairs. Goodbye and good luck." I took Zayn's car keys off the table.

"Thank you, Mia." The phone clicked. I put on my shoes.

"Zayn, there was an emergency, explain later. I'm taking your car." I ran out the front door.

I climbed into the car and drove quickly to her home, I called 911 on the way.

"911, what's your emergency?" The lady said.

"My friend just was in an apartment. The person she was staying with got into a fight with her drug dealer, he has a gun. They are at Euquonis apartment building. Room 5D. Please help." I got to the building.

"We are sending help. Thank you for your call." I hung up.

I got out of the car and waved to Tara, who was standing inside, by the door. I got back in and she came running. She put her stuff in the back and sat in the passanger's seat.

"Thank you so much." She hugged me.

"I'm just glad you're okay." I mumbled into her shoulder. "I called the police. Let's go." I drove out of the parking lot and turned on the radio.

"God, I don't know where I'm going to go. You can just drop me off at the bus station." Tara closed her eyes and sat back.

"You're staying with me. I'm not letting you stay at some filthy bus station. I have a guest room." I noticed her eyes watering.

"You are so kind. What did I ever do to have this luck?" I answered simply.

"Kind actions are returned." She laughed and wiped her tears away.

We pulled up to the garage and parked. I brought her to the apartment.

"Hi, Tara. Nice to see you." Zayn waved to Tara.

"It's getting about 8, anyone want to watch a movie?" I asked my two guests.

"I'm up for one." Tara announced. Zayn agreed. I let Tara set up her room, while I picked a movie.

I chose Daddy Day Care. I started recently to watch a bunch of kid movies, probably a pregnant problem.

Zayn groaned when he saw my movie pick.

"That's a kid movie!" I glared at him.

"I'm the pregnant one and this is what I want to watch." I got a blanket and snuggled Zayn's side. We waited for Tara.

Tara came back with a blanket and sat next to me.

We watched the movie and afterward crashed into sleep.