Chapter 1 - Cale? It's Deon now!

I had a sudden thought while looking at Deon and Cale... What if Cale reincarnated as Deon and regains his memories 22 years later where the story officially begins

This is a self indulgent fic, so it won't go according to the novel this will be a more crack fic treated seriously.

Deon/Cale is gonna be ooc since his personality is now a mix of the both of them and has knowledge from the novel and he knows his brother doesn't hate him. He's just desperate to get away from everyone though.... But being Cale he twists the story in some odd way.

I hope you guys enjoy my crazy ideas 🙏🙏🙏

***

Deon was currently in his room working on paperwork that he detested with his whole soul. Of course with Ed because he refuses to do a mountain of paperwork alone so he might as well drag his very reliable vice commander.

"Sir Arut this should be the- S-sir Arut?!"

Ed screamed looking at Deon who had his head face planted on the table.

"Ed... I'm going to sleep. don't. disturb. me."

Deon said word by word in hopes that Ed would understand and let him sleep however Ben misunderstood and thought that Deon was probably thinking that Ben was challenging his authority. (This is not true at all)

"Y-yes!"

Ed quickly mustered up enough courage to reply before grabbing all of the paperwork outside of Deon's room.

"Haah... I want to retire."

Deon sighed in tiredness, he wanted to run away so badly but the security here is so tight!

Too tired to do anything else Deon decided to lie on the bed and thought about the resignation letter he was gonna give to the Demon King.

***

"Where... the hell am I...?"

Deon looked around his surroundings which were unfamiliar yet familiar as well. He didn't know why but he felt slightly more relaxed here.

It seemed to be a room but it was pitch black as if there was not a single light in there and no colorful colors were to be seen.

"My child, you're finally here."

A man with white hair and bronze skin suddenly appeared in the room walking up to Deon.

"Who..- Ugh?"

Deon was about to ask who the man was but had a sudden headache as memories quickly began to flow into his head.

"God of fucking Death."

Deon finally cursed out the name of the entity talking to him while trying to smile as "politely" as he could. This raised another question, how come in every life he's in he can never catch a damn break?

"Haha, my dear Cale you finally remember me!"

God of Death squealed at the acknowledgment of Cale(?).

"I don't go by Cale anymore. Besides the last memories I had when I was Cale were not pleasant at all."

Cale now Deon said, picking up a cookie that somehow appeared in his hand out of thin air.

"Alright, so you know what world you're in right my child?"

God of Death asked, resting his chin on his hand while looking at Deon who was now daydreaming of his rich retirement and slacker life. He watched every single life that Cale who was now Deon lived through.