Chapter 5 - Zeroth Corps Commander

CALE IS DEON !!

Previously...

"It's alright, I already know. Ed told me."

"Oh.."

***

"Ahem, thankfully you weren't harmed after being. lit. on. fire. right?"

"..Yeah..."

Deon looked away from Ben who was drilling holes into his head with that sharp and reprimanding gaze of his.

"Sir Arut! You were amazing, I never knew ancient powers could be as powerful as magic!"

"And you overdid it with your powers how else would someone faint for a whole day? So please be careful from now on."

"I got it..."

Wasn't it better to just get the job done? Why are they being so dramatic over him fainting...

"That's right! We the Zeroth Corps exist solely for you Sir Arut! Please believe in us!"

"...I-I will...?"

What is up with Ed? Obviously, the Zeroth Corps was formed for him how else would he be a commander if he didn't have any troops or members?

"Sir Arut!"

Oh great. More people coming to annoy him.

"..We heard you're awake! But... something seems to have changed."

Edellia stared at Deon's what used to be short white hair now longer. She did know that Arut was pretty handsome but she never imagined that with longer hair he looked more pretty than handsome as well as saintly. If Deon had known what Edellia was thinking about he would have wanted to cry for the nth time that day.

"Ah. Don't mind it I might cut it soon."

"But I think longer hair suits you sir Arut."

"...I also agree with Edellia!"

Wow, Aslid being tamed and agreeing with something and not yelling too? This might be a rare sighting for both Deon and Edellia who have always seen Asild as a brute.

"What are you even doing here? Do you want me to play with you or something?"

"Stop joking around, I'm here to pay my respects to the Zeroth Corps Commander!"

That's definitely not what you want to do was what both Edellia and Deon were thinking while looking at Aslid with the same skeptical look.

"You guys are all the same."

'Why the hell are you even here?!'

Deon looked at Jaykar while cursing him in his head. Why can't anyone leave him alone? So what if he coughed up blood and fainted because he used an ancient power carelessly?

"Ahem... if you're going to visit him just greet him quietly and leave. He seems to be quite angry."

Jaykar turned to look away from Deon who was death glaring at him. He could tell that The Zeroth Corps Commander was extremely pissed at them. Well just at Jaykar but he had no idea about that.