Chapter 21 - Operation: Actors of Acting

Previously...

"My brother isn't here right now."

Deon replied back. He was really tired ever since coming here, and he feels like he might actually die even though he is full of vitality.

***

Dan's mood immediately went sour when he found out the other saint wasn't here. He really wanted to meet the other person who changed his fate.

"But I'll let you meet him next time!"

Deon blurted out anything he could think of. He doesn't know if he'll regret it but what's done is done already. It should be fine since Dan isn't a crazy kid who's so set on doing his part of his apparent destiny. He could immediately see Dan's expression brighten after he said that. Well as long as he's happy?

"Ran!"

"Grandmother?!"

The group could see Ran's grandmother, the elder shaman run towards them, out of breath. Deon could only assume something horrible had come, judging how angry and horrified her expression was he could guess it had something to do with Choi Han.

"T-the disasters have come! It is not safe here, you must take Deon and leave with Dan immediately!"

And he was right.

"But what about you?!"

"We will stall them for as long as we can. I expect you all to be gone by the time they come here."

Ran could only nod as she took both Deon's and Dan's hands and dragged them farther away from the village. If what her grandmother said was right, Deon would be in extreme danger if he ever met them.

'Do they know it's me? No that can't be it, this neckpiece hides the scent my ancient powers have from people who can sense it.'

Deon turned back to the grandmother who was slowly walking back as if nothing had ever happened.

"Should we go faster?"

"Is it possible? We're going as fast as we can right now."

"You'll feel much lighter and faster, trust me."

A swirl of wind appeared under everyone's feet, Ran and Dan felt much lighter and faster than before as they ran. This was the work of Deon's ancient power; The Sound of the Wind.

"We should hurry."

Deon knew the risk of using his ancient powers right now. The moment he uses it, Eruhaben would notice it and guide the group to where he was. But what was worse? Going slow and eventually getting caught by the group or going faster to the point they can't get to him but they notice his ancient powers? Besides he has a hood on, they can't see through cloaks unless his hood falls off. (Thankfully it doesn't most of the time)

***

"What are you doing here? Get out, this place doesn't accept disasters like you!"

"These bastards..."

"Choi Han calm down, remember this is a different world."