Chapter 16 - Cruel is very cruel

Characters are kind of ooc ...

Previously...

Ah, he should call Cruel in now. After all the notorious Deon Hardt is desperately asking for help when usually he doesn't.

***

"Your majesty, you called for me."

"Ah yes, Cruel can you go to the Ileon Kingdom?"

"..."

Cruel was slightly confused, for what reason was there needed him to go to the Ileon Kingdom? The Ileon Kingdom's king was known to be greedy however they had no specific ties to the Empire except for the fact it was a neighboring Kingdom.

"The third hero has gotten in a little bit of trouble over there."

"I see, I will start heading over there right away."

"Make sure you both don't try to end each other's lives on the way there."

Eduardo joked about the situation of Cruel's and Deon's relationship, although he joked about the Hardt siblings current relationship he seemed to be concerned whether or not sending Cruel was a good decision.

"...Yes Your Majesty."

Cruel internally huffed. Like he could ever kill his younger brother, Deon was all that he had left. He would do everything to protect him even if it was the cost of his own life.

He wasn't sure why the Emperor had sent him out of everyone he could have chose but he did want to meet his brother again without being in his defensive mechanism if possible.

***

Two days have passed since the second prince started to try an initiate conversations and hang out with Deon who was desperately avoiding him; making up excuses on how he was busy and couldn't go to blaming his health was affecting him.

'It's been two days, why is this guy so fucking persistent.'

Deon wanted to choke the second prince so badly like he did with Adin. But he would definitely get executed for laying his hands on a royalty when he's just a Count's son. Moreover, he was also a fallen noble so no mercy would be granted for him if he did, if he was at least a noble then maybe some leniency could be granted.

It's also been two days since he contacted the Emperor to get him out of here. Though he didn't trust the Emperor he knew that the Emperor would have to anyways to convince him to go over to his side rather than the Demon King's.

(A/N):  Too bad he would choose Cruel's side, you might have to convince Cruel instead...

'He always appears at my room at this time.'

Deon could hear the long awaited knock on his door, the knock had a very demanding tone to it which belonged to the second prince.

Usually he'd answer but today he had another idea. What if he jumped out the window?

Deon rushed to the window to open it. He could hear the door that was just a second from being opened by the second prince and jumped out.

'Finally! I can get away from that weirdo!'

Deon activated the Sound of the Wind as he was nearing the ground. Safely landing on the ground, Deon decided to wander around.

For the last two days he was either in the training grounds with the Lofty Knights who were able to stop the prince from entering in the room multiple times somehow, or he'd stay in his room pretending to be sick or sleeping which would usually end up with him actually sleeping.