Chapter 37 - Changing Fate

Previously...

The God of Death looked at Deon walking back to the Demon King's barracks, wiping off the blood running down his nose through the screen. Something always was happening to Deon, it was amusing but he felt bad for the poor white-head who just wanted a slacker life and to retire from both the Demon King and Emperor.

"Good luck my child, I sincerely hope you get to be happy with your brother this time, Raven."

***

'Someone's talking shit about me again...'

Deon felt his ear twitch as he grabbed the communication crystal from his pocket and waited for an answer from the Demon King. After a few minutes he could hear a voice coming from the other end.

"Arut, I heard something happened. Can you explain in full detail?"

"Something did happen, I ended up teaming up with the hero in the end though."

He began to explain Choi Han attacking and how he was one of the people that was proclaimed a disaster in the oracle. Deon could hear the Demon King sigh as he explained Choi Han's and the others abilities, he must have realized how grave the situation has gone.

It went from just a war between demons and humans which had a huge chance of occurring once again to a war against otherworldly people who were a threat the the world as a whole, even demons. It was like the world was playing a prank on the Demon King, forcing him to be on the losing side constantly.

"Thank you Arut. I'll think about what to do, you can go now."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Deon hung up the call with Caver and went back to his tent in the Demon King's barracks. He could see many demons looking at him in awe and expectant gazes as he walked by them. He ignored them all as he made his way to an empty tent with the other Zeroth Corps members huddling around it.

"Sir Arut!"

"It's great to see you again commander-nim!"

The demon corps surrounded Deon excitedly, bombarding the whitehead with questions and praises. Deon sweatdropped at the amount of questions directed at him, he almost felt like fainting right on the spot. When the conversation ended, Deon tried to walk into his tent but was stopped by a gentle tug.

It was one of his corps members, they were scared to ask him whether or not he could go out and hang out with the other corps members, along with the corps commanders who were attending the war as well.

'Do I even have a choice...?'

Deon looked at the his demon corps pleading expressions that were begging him to go along with them. Usually his corps members would avoid him, but this was one of the first times they'd ever tried to initiate a conversation with him first.

He felt inclined to go with them, to be fair he never talked to them ever nor did he do much of his job as a corps commander working for the Demon King. All Deon could do was sigh and nod his head at the corps members reluctant question to which they immediately brought him over to where Jaykar was located at.

That day went by with Deon socializing (for once) with his demon corps members. The following days passed by in an instant as Deon continued to fight for both sides of the war endlessly, though because he hadn't shown the Empire his use of ancient power yet a rumor of whether or not the Zeroth Corps Commander and the Third Hero of the Empire were the same people.

This was because while fighting on the Demon King's side, Deon would use his ancient powers to knock out enemies. On the Empire's side, he tended to use the dagger made by the power of death to escape suspicion of using the same dagger that he used on the day he rushed over towards the battlefield, he also used his gun in some fights.