Chapter 11 - I am home

Previously...

No never mind that, he's supposed to get attacked today right?!

Well he's fucking doomed that's one thing for sure.

***

"What a troublesome life I have..." Hold on is it even possible to run away? I mean the one thing the Demon King didn't do was add the tracking spell on me which he was supposed to do.

Did the Demon King forget to or was there something else he was missing? Deon doesn't particularly know what is going on in the Demon King's head since he's only shown up a few amount of times but he does know the Demon King is similar to Adin and his gut screams danger whenever he is near the Demon King

But one thing he knows is that the only one he can trust for now is himself. Not even the Emperor is trustworthy.

(A/N): Bro forgot about his brother

'Now that I'm thinking about it. Why did the Emperor just allow it even when he found out? I already know that both the Demon King and Emperor want me on their side but...'

Deon concluded one thing from his question; both the Emperor and Demon King were in on this somehow. Which draws him to one conclusion.

'Haha, no way they'd start a war over me if they see me as a pawn. You're so hilarious Deon.'

Unfortunately for Deon, there is a huge possibility of that happening.

'Haah, I suddenly don't want to go to that banquet. Should I just head home...'

Right, he could just meet the Emperor the next day. Why does he have to go right now? There really wasn't a need to.

"Fuck the imperial family, I'm going home."

'Ah fuck, I said that out loud. Let's hope no one heard that or I'm getting hanged for blasphemy...'

Deon looked around to check if anyone heard that before turning around to head back home. He doesn't even know why he rode a horse for so long just for this to happen but home is home and he can slack off at home!

***

Finally, Deon had reached the estate he inherited. His beloved home with actual normal people who aren't batshit insane in the head!

"Stop! Who goes there."

"Who goes there? Me, the owner of the house."

Deon decided to make it quick and pulled down his hood that was given to him by the Demon King. He wanted to go back to his room and slack off.

"M-my lord! Welcome back!"

Both of the guards were startled at Deon's appearance.

'They're looking at me weirdly again. Am I that ugly? They must also be sick since their cheeks were red...'

Deon thought while walking past the two guards. Of course, he was always oblivious whenever it came to himself.

Finally opening the door to his estate fully expecting everyone to be asleep. Every servant was there to greet him.

"Shouldn't you all be asleep by now? It's nighttime."