Chapter 39 - Healing

Deon and Cruel are a little OOC for this chapter I think(?)

Previously...

He could feel himself slowly regaining consciousness as he walked down the hallways filled with what seemed like to be memories of his past.

***

Gasp!

Deon jumped up from his bed, wait bed?! Hold on, why was he in the Demonic Realm? Where is his older brother? He had so many questions and theories circulating around his head, he quickly snapped out of those thoughts when he felt someone touch his forehead.

"Deon, Are you okay?!"

"Huh..."

The record of Cruel's head replayed in Deon's head. Blood began trickling down from Deon's nose, he quickly covered his nose seeing the blood getting on the bed covers.

"You- you're still sick, lay down."

Cruel quickly made Deon lay back in bed as he wiped the whitehead's bloody nose. Ben and Ed came rushing in the room shortly after, his hair and clothes were both disheveled while Ed had a concerned look on his face. Deon was still confused as to why everyone had such confused looks on their face as he looked around the room.

He could see the bedroom was more messier than usual, tons of bandages were littered on the table and a broken sword was laid against the wall. Ben and Ed seemed to not be surprised to see Cruel or even scorn him for being a hero. Seems like Cruel was being decently taken cared of here, looks like he was worried for nothing.

Bang!

Hana and Ririnell slammed the doors open once again, soon enough the Demon King will have to replace that door because there was no way that door was surviving another day. Ririnell had a face full of tears while Hana jumped into Deon's arms, she sobbed in his arms while Deon had to comfort her.

He didn't notice the glare Cruel sent to both Ben and Ed who flinched, they could tell what the older raven head was thinking of. Since when did his younger brother have a child?

They ignored the heated glare from Cruel who immediately reverted back to a smile when he looked at Deon who was unaware of the dual attitudes.

"Mama! I was so scared! You were passed out for an entire week..."

Hana sniffled while Deon continued to comfort the girl in his arms. Well, one week was certainly a long time in this world at least, one week was nothing when he was still Cale Henituse.

And yet again, Deon was unaware of the horrified look on Cruel's face when Hana addressed to him as her mother. Although he was unaware of the look on his older brother's face, the whitehead could see Ben and Ed leaving the room in a hurry, there was also one more detail he noticed about the two. They looked so scared and for what?!

'Is it because of me?'

Of course, Deon was unaware of the things that happened during the time he was passed out, he didn't even expect the time to go by so quickly in the Demonic Realm. It was just a few dozen minutes in the dream he had.

***

The moment Cruel could feel himself leaving the Goddess's of Temptation's domain, he immediately sat up. He could see he was most likely in the Demon King's castle. It was truly a miracle for a hero to be alive after encountering the Demon King, nonetheless resting in his castle was even more bizarre.

"You're finally awake Mister Hero."

"You are... the Fourth Corps Commander."

Cruel turned his head towards Edellia who held a fan in front of her face. It seemed that she was in charge on surveilling him.