Chapter 28 - Emergency

Previously...

In his mind, a message replayed from the God of Death repeatedly as he continued to run for who knew how much longer — The whole resurrection process has three attempts Cruel, the first attempt obviously would hurt however, the pain will gradually increase as the world in Nameless One attempts to pull Deon back into their world.

Cruel was glad that he didn't bring anyone with him. It would have been worse if any of the duke's people had seen him.

***

"...It.. hurts..."

"Just wait a bit longer."

Cruel closed Deon's eyes and continued to make turns in the forest. He needed to at least find a cave for safety. He could tell it would rain soon by the grey clouds beginning to show up in the sky, he needed to find shelter before it would begin to rain. Otherwise, Deon would get sick.

He looked around the forest, slaying monsters left and right before finally stumbling upon a cave. Though there were also monsters in there, Cruel began exterminating the monsters left and right until not a single living being was in there besides him and his younger brother.

He took his cloak and placed it on the ground before laying Deon down on it. The only reason why he couldn't go to the main area was because of the duke's spies were there to report everything that had happened. The handkerchief wasn't a huge problem, he could make up an excuse for that but saving Deon would put him in more danger than he already was. Cruel couldn't put Deon in more danger than he already was.

"Now it's my time to shine, place your hand on Deon's forehead and channel divine power to him. It'll help ease his pain, then I'll take care of the rest. You should also stay here for a while."

"Okay.."

Doing what the God of Death said, Cruel placed his hand over Deon's forehead. He could feel it heating up, it reminded him of the time when Deon had gotten sick back then when they were still children. He channeled divine power from himself over to Deon and could immediately see the effects and how Deon eased up after he did so.

Meanwhile, the Crown prince had just received the news that both of the Hardt siblings had disappeared suddenly soon after when the hunting competition had started. He stood up from his seat concerned and shocked. What did they mean by both of the Hardt siblings were missing?

"What did you say?! Both Honorary Count Hardt and Cruel Hardt are gone?!"

If this was true that'd be horrible, he couldn't afford Deon Hardt to die. Deon was an important person, more specifically a talent that not even the first and second hero had. He was able to bring back the hero's corpse while also leading the frontlines with the Lofty Knights for eight years.

"Dispatch the knights immediately and search for Honorary Count Hardt and Cruel Hardt!"

"Yes your highness!"

The knights immediately took off, searching for the Hardt siblings who had gone missing right after the hunting competition had started. The nobles around gossiped among another, wondering what had happened to the Hardt siblings once again.

"Brother, what happened?"

"Ah... It's nothing Allethea, just a minor problem. Don't worry about it."

Allethea sighed, she knew something was up with the way her brother was acting. She also had seen a plentiful of knights being dispatched into the forest. She hoped that whatever happened could get resolved as soon as possible.

***

"It's starting now, we'll have to slowly mend his soul back."

"Hopefully Cruel can keep Deon safe this time."