Chapter 7 - Hero V.S. Villain

Previously...

"Continue to gather information about the Zeroth Corps Commander. If we can reveal whether or not their existence truly exists or not it would be a huge feat on our side."

"Yes Sir Cruel!"

***

Deon seriously wanted to cry right now, die would be the word but he loves living no matter what the circumstances for him would be.

"Sir Arut are you alright? You've been silent for some time already..."

"...I'm fine." No I'm not fine someone get me out and away from all of these people!

"Alright then I shall continue."

'Escape from the demon realm and get away from the Empire, Escape from the demon realm and get away from the Empire.'

"Alright! With this we'll be able to wipe all of the humans out without worrying!'

'Ed did you forget I'm also human?!'

Deon stared at Ed as if he was stupid however Ed was unable to see his expression because his face was facing the ground.

"Ahem! This cloth was specifically made by the Demon King. It will deflect the suns light and keep your temperature regulated courtesy to his majesty's magic! And as long as it isn't torn it will restore by itself too."

"..I see." I already knew that, tell me something I don't know.

"Judging by how his majesty is using his magic without a limit for you, he must treasure Sir Arut a lot!"

'More like bribing and convincing me to stay by his side.'

Deon thought plainly. He doesn't want to be on either side, why does he have to be a pawn in the Emperor's and the Demon King's game of chess?

Unlike in Nameless One where the Roan Kingdom resides, magic here violates the law of the world. However magic is limited unlike the Nameless One where you can regain mana by drinking potions or waiting for it to replenish. However once you have used magic here it is gone forever and you cannot replenish it.

Adding on, using more demonic energy or magic would cause a Hero to appear, in this case that hero would be him... But he hasn't awakened that fragment yet which is why he doesn't feel any intent to kill the Demon King. At least not yet.

But the thing is, he isn't sure what made him awaken it. He's only read a few spoilers before he had found 'The Birth of a Hero' novel.

"Sir Arut I've finished it all!"

Ed called out, stopping Deon's train of thought.

"Thanks Ed."

"I guess they've been working hard huh? I don't see then slacking off."

Deon said, pointing out slacking off enough so Ed could hear. While Ed though Deon was angry at the Corps laziness, Deon was actually mad that he couldn't slack off while he couldn't.

"That-"

"It's fine, I'll head out for a bit now."

It's almost time for him to get a dagger thrown at him and poison in his wine. How exciting...

***

"It's the Zeroth Corps Commander!"

"With this we no longer have to worry about losing!"

"Just seeing him lifts my spirits up!"

Deon stood there awkwardly watching as the other demons praise him and huddle up around him. Jaykar stood from the side smiling.