Chapter 4 - Fire of Destruction

CALE IS DEON !!

Previously...

"Go there and relieve some stress Arut."

"...Thank you your majesty."

Deon couldn't even bare to look at the others suffocating gazes. Their sparkling eyes are killing him besides he's doing it for his own benefit.

***

"Haah... why is my life so chaotic..."

Deon seriously wanted to choke that God of Death. He'll do that later though. Is everything just speeding up because he just regained his memories not long again and now he's going back on the battlefield?

Anyway, he should take a drink right? Even if he can't really get drunk now... it wouldn't hurt to try.

Deon recalled the short conversation with the Demon King who saw his run away luggage.

***

"Hmm? You've already packed up? You must be dying to move your body."

"...Yes it's been so long since I fought.."

"I knew sending you was a great choice and in the end it works out for you too right?"

"Yes Your Majesty.." No it really doesn't but it's fine...

***

Damn he probably couldn't flee to the Empire. With that crazy Emperor and his.. brother. Would Cruel protect him? That's what Cruel did in the novel. But what if it was just an exaggeration like The Birth of a Hero? What if their relationship is more strained than he thought since now he's basically an outsider.

But they are definitely without a doubt better than fighting a whole horde of demonic monsters!

Deon does know that the Zeroth Corps as well as Ed are highly competent from the novel and from rumors he heard of before. They do get into formation quickly but it looks like they don't know as much as the other Corps since there wasn't really anyone else to command them besides for Ed.

Pulling back the curtains Deon rummaged through his luggage to take out a black choker with a small ruby in the middle of it.

Apparently, the God of Death said to watch out for his followers since they are way more fanatic than the ones in Nameless One which was why he gave him this choker to hide the Aura of Death that he exuded. That bastard definitely made him into his saint without permission...

"Whatever... let's wear it!"

Deon hurriedly wrapped the choker around his neck before securing it. That should do it right?

Anyway... the choker came with a note as well he should at least hear out what that bastard has to say right or no? But the last time the God of Death did that he said that he was supposed to die...

Fuck it let's read the note it's not like anybody's gonna see this anyways.

Deon unfolded the paper in one go, undoing the creases the folds had made so it would be easier to read.