Chapter 26 - You Lonely Child

Previously...

Deon smiled at the thought of paying him back ten times the amount as he dropped a gold coin for the butterfly charm. He also needed to find a way to get rid of Choi Han and the rest of the other people who crossed over here as well. However, right now he was too weak to do so and would have to leave them alone, for now.

***

Deon tossed a gold coin to the merchant who was selling the butterfly charm. It felt nice to do this again, he loved the feeling of spending money that wasn't his. It meant that his wealth wouldn't decrease.

He turned around to see Devilania arguing with someone after hearing yelling from behind him. But hearing how he insulted Devilania first he didn't care much about it, that was her problem and it had nothing to do with him. So why did he jump in?!

"What are you doing to my comrade?"

Deon gave a glare at the man who had his hand on Devilania's hand. She must've known that she couldn't kill him out of anger or else they'll be found out and resorted to yelling. The man immediately stumbled back upon the sight of the hooded Deon.

"I thought this place was pretty decent but guys like you always exist here."

He was most likely a random noble with a pretty high stature in this kingdom seeing how everyone looked away when he grabbed Devilania's hand. Deon could see the royal knights running to them in the corner of his eye and let go of the man's wrist.

"Get that bastard!"

The noble grinned sinisterly as soon as he heard the royal knights rushing towards them and started complaining to the knights. Only to be arrested by the said royal knights and carried to the palace prison.

Deon returned the sinister smile to the noble as he lifted his hood and put his finger to his lips which made the noble widen his eyes. He could tell what the noble was thinking of in his head, his shaking eyes that said — you are a demon?! It was obvious what the noble was thinking, sadly he was completely off the mark. Deon is completely human and not a demon at all, perhaps personality-wise to his enemies, yes. But he is fully human.

"We should head back now."

He sighed as he turned back and motioned Devilania and Ben to follow him. The people in the human realm can sometimes be extremely annoying.

***

"Can you stay here? This is your home anyway right?"

"No! I wanna go with you!!!! Don't abandon me!"

Deon attempted to pull the girl off of him with the help of Gaicytel but no attempts worked in trying to get the girl away from the Zeroth Corps Commander.

"I have to go back..."

"Then bring me with you!"

Devilania stifled her laughter while looking at the interaction between the two red-eyed duo. It was her first time seeing the Zeroth Corps Commander so flustered since he was usually emotionless and always serious.

"Sir Arut, why don't we bring her with us?"

"Bring her with us...?"

"Only if-"

"Okay we'll do just that."

Deon used the super rock to strengthen his arms and lifted the seven year old girl in the air. Now that he was thinking about it, he should probably ask for her name. No one here, not even Gaicytel knew of the girls names and her parents.