Chapter 33 - Disturbances

Previously...

Bang!

Suddenly something clashed with the demonic monsters which instantly knocked them out. The Elf and Demon King immediately steadied up their magic and weapons, preparing themselves for whatever was coming at them.

***

"Who goes there-"

"Hey you, is this where that damned world tree is at?"

Well shit, it was none other than Eruhaben in the fucking flesh. Deon wanted to punch the golden dragon but resisted the temptation of doing so. If he did that, they'd immediately realize that he's Cale since no one should know about their identities.

"...Your majesty, somethings off about them. I think it's be best to keep your guard up."

"You're right, their auras are pretty powerful."

Deon whispered as he went behind the Demon King and put his hood on. Luckily for him, he made sure to bring a cloak so that meant he could cover his face. He tightened the neckpiece around his neck to make sure it wouldn't fall off mid-battle incase a fight did happen.

It was definitely weird to wear a hood with a corps commander uniform but whatever works, at least it was dark red and it matched with his uniform. Though his hair did stick out a lot since it was white but they are in the Demonic Realm, so maybe they won't notice.

"What right do you have to ask me that?"

"Right? Do I need a right?"

Eruhaben exposed his reptile pupils to the Elf King who was taken back. Dragons were obviously higher than elves and fairies in terms of ranking and were higher than some demons if not a majority of them, they are beings that are just behind the Demon King and the Divine.

Deon looked at Hana who was hiding behind him. He could see her giving the golden dragon a dirty look that seemed to say — I don't even know you but I already hate you, so don't come near me.

"I'm gonna destroy that blasted tree once and for all."

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that."

"And why not?"

"Even if I don't really like the elves that much, the world tree is necessary."

Caver went in front of the Elf King who stood still in place. He didn't know why this reptile was intervening and trying to destroy the world tree but he couldn't let that happen. The world tree was necessary to tell him when a hero would eventually appear, which is why he cannot let it die.

"Are we fighting again?"

"I guess, if he doesn't want to back off."

"This'll be my first fighting with you then."

Deon walked alongside the Demon King and pulled out two daggers, one made by the power of death and another dagger that was white, it was the world tree branch he stabbed himself with back in Nameless One.

Could he even fight Eruhaben? A better question is, can he fight him without him knowing he was Cale or would he eventually get caught mid fight?

"A human? I didn't know demons could actually like humans."

"That's none of your business I believe."

The Demon King said as Deon pointed the dagger at Eruhaben. Well, he fucked up because he accidentally pointed the world tree dagger and not the dagger made from the power of death. He could see Eruhaben widening his eyes as he got closer to him.