Chapter 24 - A child?

Previously...

"Yes, his majesty asked me to bring you along to visit the second city with me."

"I see... I guess I'll have to pack up then." My poor slacker life... I will definitely retire once this is all over!

Deon mentally cried to himself (again) about the misfortunes in his life. He wished he reincarnated as a side character who had no relevance to the plot.

***

"I thought it would just be a trip with just us Sir Arut.."

"His Majesty ordered this."

"But, I don't want to go with you."

Devilania pouted while having a glaring competition with Ben who did the same right back at her. Deon watched this with an expressionless face and sighed, who knew a corps commander could be so childish? Did they really live for over hundreds of years?

'What is wrong with these corps commanders... Why are they suddenly like kids whenever in front of me...'

Deon sighed as he watched the two demons continue their heated glaring competition and opened the book he found in the library. He quickly flipped through the pages, stopping the two demons from their glaring contest. They looked at Deon baffled, did he actually remember all of that?

"Sir Arut... Do you remember all of that?"

"Umm, yes?"

"... ..."

Devilania and Ben looked at each other checking to see if they heard that correctly then looked back at Deon who wasn't even paying attention to them, that was because he was a little shocked at the information shown in the book.

'What the fuck?! The God of Death is a neutral god? There's also many cases of his saints helping the Demon King and a lot of others who helped the Human Realm.'

Deon could tell why the Demon King sounded disappointed when he brought up the God of Death. It would be bad for the Demon King if the saint ended up on the Empire's side considering how overpowered they were. Well too bad that saint wants to run away from both now.

Bang!

"Sir Arut! Dame Devilania! There is an emergency, there are too many demonic monsters!"

Deon closed the book he was holding and peeked over the demon's shoulder to take a look at the demonic monsters that were beginning to swarm around them.

'Holy shit that is as much as the first day of the cataclysm..'

The group quickly got out of the carriage and observed the current observation. They could see the Second Corps Members fighting, so far they were doing well, for now. But Deon knew that soon after he and Devilania would have to jump in.

"Then I'll join the battle first."

Deon looked at Devilania who immediately rushed in and joined in the battle with the rest of the corps. He could feel Ben's gaze on him while he stood still and remembered the contents of the conversation Ben had with the Demon King.

'Me being used? That's bullshit, the only person who can use me is myself, not even the God of Death can use me. Just thinking about it makes me pissed. Why does everyone want to use me?'

Deon slowly walked towards the group of demonic beasts as he activated Dominating Aura just enough to scare off the lower-ranked to middle-ranked demonic monsters.