Chapter 42 - The Ending

Previously...

Cruel recalled about their mother's taste, she didn't care much about what she ate but she liked Golden Lily too particularly. A lot of the times, she would even have it during dinner or doing documentaries. Because of that, their father had to stock up on Golden Lily leaves to satisfy the deceased Countess.

***

'This is heaven! No bitter food, no sour drinks, everything is sweet!'

Deon happily smiled as he continued to snack on sweets prepared by chefs, of course, he would also occasionally cleanse his throat with tea as instructed by Cruel.

He noticed a servant whispering something into Cruel's ear, which resulted in Cruel breaking the teacup he was holding.

'What the- why is he so mad?!'

"That god damn Second Prince..."

Cruel gritted his teeth in anger, who wouldn't? He was just notified that the Second Prince of the Ileon Kingdom had apparently sent a marriage proposal to his baby brother!

He already knew that prince was bad news, this made him want beat that prince to a pulp even more now. First he hurt Deon, now he was sending marriage proposals? Not on his watch!

"Hyung-nim...?"

"It's nothing, don't worry about it."

Deon looked at Cruel perplexed and concerned, he could see his older brother's nails piercing his palms. What happened for him to get so angry, it was almost scaring him even.

Cruel reassured Deon and pushed another plate of cake in front of him, as long as Deon didn't know about the marriage proposal then that was good. He'll deal with that blasted Second Prince's proposal without anyone knowing.

The day went by quite peacefully, if you ignored Cruel burning the marriage proposal sent by the Second Prince while Deon was blissfully unaware of it.

Night eventually hit and the two Hardt siblings headed to their respective rooms.

***

'What the hell?'

Deon sat up from his spot and looked around, he was in front of his house, only except that the house was up in flames with no signs of any life in there. He checked around the house yet found not a single sign of anybody in the manor.

It seemed to look like what happened when the Revolutionary Army bombed his house but it was different, the flames were even harsher than before and the manor looked more destroyed. As if they were trying to rid of any trace of the Hardt Family.

'Maybe the original timeline...?'

It did make sense, right after Cruel Hardt died, His past self was set on destroying the Empire and ultimately sided with the Demonic Realm, later on being referred to as a 'Betrayer of Humanity.'

But what was the point to show him this if he already knew about it? That is, if a God really did set him up here.

'Wait- the Empire, let's check the Empire!'

Deon ran to what was supposed to be the Empire, he watched as civilians rushed out of the city, the sky being painted in red as if blood was poured all over the sky, and lastly, the place where the palace was located at was also up in flames.

Homes, buildings, statues, and fountains were all destroyed as multiple buildings began to fall apart. By the time he got there, Deon could see the Emperor's palace crumbling down right in front of his eyes.