Chapter 34 - Unforseen action

Previously...

"Ed, get me a cloak. Don't let Hana know."

"Yes Sir Arut."

Ed immediately understand where Deon was heading and brought a cloak from a different place to not alert Hana. Deon immediately took the cloak and began heading towards the gate outside of the Demon King's castle.

***

Deon made his way to the emperor's office, his hair in a disheveled state from the running he did after the horse he used was killed by assassins. A while ago, while he was returning and heading to the Empire he was attacked by assassins and the Revolutionary Army, he was able to fend them off but the horse he used died in the middle of the battle.

He combed his hair just until it was neat enough before entering the emperor's office.

"I greet the shining-"

"Enough. I'm sure you have something to tell me right?"

"Yes..."

Deon began explaining the Demon King's plan and how he decided to attack three days after his departure. He could see the emperor's eyes widening a bit even though it wasn't visible to the eyes of normal people.

"I see, you may take your leave then. We'll throughly prepare for in three days. Ah, I should also give you a reward for working so hard right, do you have anything in mind?-"

"Money."

"...Got it, I'll send it to you after you leave."

Deon immediately responded to the emperor. If he was being used because he was so useful then he should rip both the Emperor and Demon King off of their money and wine!

Though from here on out, the moment war started it meant that he had to figure out what to do himself instead of relying on the novel. He didn't know what was going to happen in the future but whatever it was, he'll make it to his liking.

'Get revenge on Illuster and ex-family. And then I'll decide what I'll do with the Emperor and Demon King when I'm done with those.'

The white-head walked out of the palace and rode on a carriage back to his estate. When he arrived he could see the prize from the hunting competition he earned being moved by servants, his eyes were obviously sparkling with glee as he continued to look at it.

"Since I have some time before the war starts, I'll just slack off after I do something."

Deon made his way to his bed and laid on top of it. He stared off into nothing while thinking about Choi Jung Soo and Lee Soo Hyuk, it's been a long time since he's seen them. Last time he heard of his Team Leader, the God of Death said he reincarnated with his memories intact while Choi Jung Soo became a wanderer.

"God of Death..."

"Hmm, What is it my child?"

"Is there a protective necklace you can make for my hy- brother?"

"Oh that, that's easy! I'll get it done in no time! Just wait for me alright, it'll be the best protective necklace you've laid your eyes on ever! It'll be done in a day!"