Chapter 27 - Little Red Riding Hood, Don't die

Previously...

'These crazy lunatics...'

Deon looked at the messed up estate. He did expect something to happen, but his whole house was a mess and it'd take forever to clean this up!

***

"Remember."

"Yes, my lord?"

Remember appeared right behind Deon who wanted to scream but kept silent. The Lofty Knights immediately stiffened at the sight of Remember appearing, they knew this man was no ordinary person especially with the way he could hold the knights so easily.

"Clean this up. I'm going to change clothes."

"Yes, will you need me to help?"

"No need."

Deon immediately went inside the estate, it was cleaner than the outside that was for sure. But he could see some dust around the corners due to the negligence of the servants, not that he cared. He didn't mind if there was a bit of dust or dirt here and there. Staying alive was much more important than that.

Speaking about him, his older brother now knew about his past. Deon wondered how Cruel felt, he didn't get to see his expression since the whole time all he saw was a stoic expression on his brother's face.

(Well you can't really talk but.... It might just be a Hardt thing)

'Haah... It'd be great if I didn't have to meet Choi Han and the others any time soon.'

Deon unbuttoned his shirt and looked at the shield tattoo that used to be on his chest was now on the back of his neck in the mirror, then he looked at the God of Death's stigmata that was on his chest. He wore a simple shirt that covered his neck and black pants, he didn't have as much clothes like his previous lives since he was more focused on food and the current state of the estate.

He looked at the huge pile of paperwork on his table. It was, a lot... Moreover no one was able to finish it all just yet. Just looking at the stack of documents on his desk made him feel nauseous, he hated the thought and action of doing any sort of work, unless he was payed of course.

'I should... probably do it right...?'

Deon picked the quill up with quivering hands. It's been a long time since he has ever done the dreadful task of doing paperwork, the last time he did so was in Korea. After that he had never done a single piece of paperwork.

Well, it should be fine since he has record and could finish these documents in less than an hour. After that he will definitely slack off!

Deon started rushing the paperwork, the servants who went by in his room watched with concerned gazes as they could notice his nose beginning to bleed at times due to the backlash of his ability. Though it looked like he was half-assing his work, in reality each one of the documents was inspected closely and written clearly and cohercely. If you had given these documents to an official in the Empire's palace, they would have had her jaw dropped and immediately request to hire this person.

After a few minutes, Deon had finally finished the documents that were placed around his desk, with lots of bloody handkerchiefs that would soon have to be thrown out. He placed the finished documents into one pile and cleaned off his desk. That was when the communication crystal from the emperor began to light up.

"He finally contacted me." Should I mess around a little?

Deon picked up the communication crystal. He had a mischievous grin on his face as he accepted the Emperor's call.

"Greetings to your majesty, the sun of the-"

"...Enough."

"Yes your majesty."