Chapter 13 - Neutrality of Death

Previously...

Deon let the butterfly fly out through the window he had just opened and continued walking to the library as if nothing had ever happened.

***

"The differences between the two libraries is insane..."

Deon looked at the library before him. It was much more grander and fancy, there were red carpets laid out in various places. There was even a resting area. While the Demon King's did look sophisticated it looked like a library you would see in universities.

'I should find the section with Gods in it.'

Deon looked through the countless sections of the library. There even was novels in it which was rare for nobles as they found fictional novels as something a commoner would read and therefore refused to read it.

Spending an hour going through the library, Deon finally stumbled upon a book relating to the God of Death

"There it is." Fuck that took so long to find a book about him.

Deon flipped through the book quickly, recording every detail there was on each page.

'Hmm?'

What the hell is this?! Deon looked at the page he was currently reading. The whole page was written in Korean, the thing was that it looked almost as if a toddler attempted to write in Korean that's how bad it was.

Sorry for my bad handwriting, I was in the middle of doing another piece of paperwork so I wrote with my left hand...

I'm busy right now so this was the only way to tell you as you refuse to open my book, how mean!

Anyway, you Deon Hart. You are the one who is destined to die no matter what. Yet you still manage to find a way to survive. This is why humans are still so interesting to me.

So this is why, I advise you my dear saint, do not kill the Demon King just yet as he is apart of your destiny. Should you do so your soul shall fracture into pieces just like the Demon King.

"...Is this how I find out that I can die an even quicker death?"

Deon looked at the paper that seemed to be speaking nonsense as it burned into ash as if it never existed in the first place.

'If I or anybody kill the Demon King I'll die? That doesn't sound nice at all.'

Deon immediately closed the book shut. Although no one would be able to find out he might die if the Demon King dies.

'Let's just go outside...'

He'll just ignore what the paper said and live his life as he wanted to. Let's just hope the Demon King doesn't die until the God of Death fixes the problem.

***

'God my face is already pale why did it get even paler? Was I just that scared of dying, no, anyone would be scared of dying.'

Deon walked through the halls quickly, trying to avoid bumping into anyone like the crown prince and princess or a noble.

It'd be absolutely shit if he bumped into someone right now.