pt.21

?1
Quickly, over here.

?2
I got it.

?3
There's more bleeding over here.

?1
Well get another cloth on it and hold it until I'm done here. But be careful. I'm seeing a lot of serious bruising around the midsection.

?3
Broken ribs?

?1
Based on what I felt I'd say a couple at least.

?3
Anything punctured?

?1
Thankfully it doesn't look like it.

?2
These injuries are pretty serious. Especially the wound to the midsection. Be honest, do you think doing all this will actually make any real difference in the end?

?1
Honestly I don't know. But as of right now, it's not looking good.

Gabrielle watched the scenery pass her by while sitting behind Ephiny on the Amazon's horse as it carried the two women over the green rolling hills of the countryside. Elle rode with another one of the Amazonian women as a few others from the village accompanied them on their trip.

GABRIELLE
So is it really true that the Conqueror is an ally to your people like your queen said?

EPHINY
Yup.

GABRIELLE
But has she ever actually met her?

EPHINY
Several times. Though I wouldn't call them friends or anything. Their relationship is more built on a mutual respect between two powerful leaders. Although it didn't start out that way.

GABRIELLE
(Sarcasm) Some how that dosen't surprise me.

Hearing the comment, Elle shot Gabrielle an unhappy look from her place on another Amazon's horse. But before she could say anything Ephiny continued.

EPHINY
Well when someone is responsible for nearly wiping out a whole tribe of your people, coming face to face with that person is gonna be pretty intense.

ELLE
What do you mean? Her lordship would never just do something like that.

EPHINY
You know for someone that keeps telling your friend here that she doesn't know who the Conqueror really is, you seem not to know quite a bit about the woman yourself.

Elle shook her head in disbelief.

ELLE
That can't be true. If it was there would be no way that your queen become allies with her if she knew what the lord Conqueror supposedly did to her people.

EPHINY
It's true. The Conqueror admitted it herself. You can ask her if you don't believe me.

GABRIELLE
I don't get it. If she knew what happened to her fellow Amazons, how did queen Melosa go from being at odds with the Conqueror to becoming allies with her?

EPHINY
I don't know the details, but from what I've heard, the Conqueror had originally been allies with the northern Amazon's. But then she met an evil sorceresses who offered the Conqueror power beyond anything she had ever dreamed if she helped the sorceresses kill the Amazons.