pt.25

The early morning brought a chill to the room as a blanket was pulled tighter, using it both for warmth and a shield from the bright morning sunlight that flowed into the room from the window as a face was buried beneath the soft material. After getting comfortable again and nearly returning to the previous state of deep sleep, a knock on the door to the room stired the groggy figure once more. Not fully awake or aware of the world around them, a muffled groan could faintly be heard from beneath the covers as an attempt was made to ignore the sound, but ended up being unsuccessful when another knock came before the sound of a door being opened could be heard a moment later., followed by a voice.

ELLE
Wake up call Gabrielle.

Elle peeked her head into Gabrielle's room and saw her friend buried under her blanket, still asleep.

ELLE
Hey, it's time to get up.

Gabrielle sleepily grumbled something incoherent to herself as her semi conscious brain completely forgot where she was before hearing Elle's voice again.

ELLE
Come on, rise and shine Gabrielle.

Still not completely awake and not too thrilled about having her sleep being disturbed, Gabrielle stuck her head out from under her covers.

GABRIELLE
(Sleepy tone) I'll rise but I refuse to...

Gabrielle paused making her half asleep, sarcastic comment as she let out a yawn and she became aware of her surroundings once again.

GABRIELLE
(Sighing) Never mind. I'm getting up.

After Elle left and Gabrielle got out of bed and got dressed, she headed out of her room and to the dining room for breakfast. Once eating her meal, as per usual Gabrielle was about to stand up and start making her way to the archives but stopped when Isidora, the woman who was in charge of running the kitchen approached her.

ISIDORA
You there, girl.

Gabrielle turned toward the old woman and politely addressed her.

GABRIELLE
Oh hello Isidora nice to see you. Um, It's Gabrielle by the way.

ISIDORA
Whatever.

Gabrielle frowned at the woman's rude reply as she just carried on without giving the comment a second thought.

ISIDORA
Listen the kitchen staff and servers are busy dealing with a large shipment of suppliers that came in. So I need someone to take a tray up to the lord Conqueror's mother as she refuses to leave her room for anything other than her toilet and hygiene needs.

GABRIELLE
Oh uh...

Before Gabrielle could finish giving her answer, Elle, who had taken to typically eating with Gabrielle when their schedules allowed it spoke up.

ELLE
I could do it.

ISIDORA
(Irritated tone) You know despite your clear attempt at eavesdropping dropping on a conversion not concerning you, it's obvious that you weren't listening all too well because if you were you would've heard me say that "all" of the kitchen staff was busy today. Which last I checked and to my chagrin included you.