pt.55

?
Gabrielle? Gabrielle, where are you?

Gabrielle stood among a group of trees as she heard a voice call out to her from a distance, and turned toward the sound after immediately recognizing the voice calling her.

GABRIELLE
Lila?

LILA
You can't just leave me behind. Gabrielle.

Lila's voice echoed through the trees as Gabrielle began frantically looking around for her sister.

GABRIELLE
Lila, where are you?

LILA
Gabrielle, don't leave me here.

Gabrielle continued searching for where the voice was coming from only to realize that it seemed to be coming from all around her as a fog crept in around her, and she called out to her sister again.

GABRIELLE
I'm not going anywhere. Where are you?

LILA
Gabrielle!

With that fial yell Gabrielle found the direction that her sister's voice was coming from and took off running into the fog before coming out of it a few steps later and stopped when she found herself in a familiar place unable to believe what she was seeing.

PAST GABRIELLE
No Lila!

Gabrielle watched as the version of her past self stepped forward as her sister was torn from the group of frightened villagers.

HECTOR
Get back in with the rest of the group before you make me mad.

Wanting nothing but to protect her sister and the others that had been taken, the past Gabrielle stepped forward defiantly before the larger man and refused to move.

PAST GABRIELLE
Take me! Let the others go!

HECTOR
Now, why would I do that when I can easily take all of you?

LILA
Gabrielle run!

A bright light flashed as Gabrielle was suddenly watching herself running through the woods as she tried to escape from the slavers that were hot on her trail. And as they ran by her, Gabrielle turned to continue watching and jumped slightly when she saw Lila standing directly in front of her.

LILA
You left us Gabrielle.

GABRIELLE
No that's not true. I ran to get help.

LILA
Did you? Because you never did come back.

GABRIELLE
I couldn't. I fell into a river while trying to escape and got swept away.

Lila began to slowly walk around Gabrielle.

LILA
Oh so in everything that happened afterward you're telling me that you never had the time or opportunity to come find me?

GABRIELLE
Alot's happened since. I'm gonna find you Lila I swear.

LILA
(Angry tone) Liar! You don't care about any of us at all. Now that you found your new home with that woman, you've forgotten all about us.