Chapter 1 Adam Ruzek

"Babe, can I get you anything?" I call out from the kitchen. I feel awful for Wendy it's hot as hell outside and she is over being pregnant, just a few weeks and our baby will make its arrival.

"Can you get me a polar vortex?" She jokes, our air conditioning is working over time to cool the house.

"I'm sorry, just think in a few weeks" I place my hand over her stomach, "it will all be worth it when we meet her" we don't know what we are having but referring to the baby as 'it' has gotten old so, I've just started thinking of the baby as a girl. I don't know why it just seems to fit, and I've gotten used to the idea of a little girl.

"You really think it's a girl?" she covers my hand with her's "I keep dreaming about a little boy following you around the house, it's pretty cute"

"Either way, as long as the baby is healthy I don't care what we have" my stomach is growling, "so, I'm sure you are hungry why don't we go out to eat. Once the baby gets here going out to eat won't happen all that much"

"That sounds wonderful, I don't think I could handle another one of your home cooked meals"

I laugh and act as if I'm offended "that hurt", I pull her up off the couch "let's go"

We end up at a small family owned Italian place not too far from our house, it's a nice place and the food is phenomenal.

"What's up Ruzek?" Sean Roman approaches the table, some blonde girl I've never seen before on his arm. It isn't all that unusual for Roman, seems to have a different girl every week.

"How's it going Roman?"

"Good, how are you feeling Wendy? Gotta be ready to get that kid out, huh?" The guy has such a way with words.

Wendy just smiles, I know she isn't a fan of Roman's, he's kind of like a fungus he grows on you. He really is a good guy, just a little rough around the edges.

The waiter brings out check, I throw the money on the table and we head out, "wait here, I will go get the car" I steal a kiss before heading towards the car.