Chapter 64 Adam Ruzek Tyler Jay Halstead

I try to sit up, my father's forearm lands across my chest "let me up dad, I need to find Kim!" I tell him, I see Anthony in Amy's arms and I immediately break down, "bring me my boy, please"

His little body melts into mine, he nuzzles his head into my neck, it's like he knows.

"Dad, have they found anything out?" I ask, my hand rubbing Anthony's back, he drifts off to sleep in my arms, his thumb firmly planted in his mouth "please tell me what you know" I can tell he's holding back.

"Stay calm son" he lifts Anthony from me and hands him to Amy, and motions for them to leave the room.

"Please, dad. Don't say it" my mind jumping to conclusions, "she isn't dead, she can't be"

*******************************************************************************

"Alright, you sure you can handle this?" I ask Phil, so much is depending on his ability to pull this off, "Kim's life depends on it"

"I can do it Sgt Voight, I owe it to my sister and her boyfriend" he explains as Mouse finishes up placing the wire.

*******************************************************************************

Hank has cut us loose for the night, saying the less of us involved the better it would be for Adam, that Scampanelli's people would recognize us, no one is happy about it at all.

I decide to stop in at Molly's I asked Erin to come but she wanted to go home, I can't sit at home I need a distraction.

I've been nursing the same beer for about an hour when I feel someone's hand land on my back.

"No fucking way, Jay Halstead in the flesh!"

I turn and see the one and only Specialist Jack Tyler before me, "what the fuck man, how did you land in Chicago?"

I ask him as we hug quickly, it's a pleasant distraction for me "let me buy you a beer, man I can't believe it"

He smiles as he sits behind me "you looked pretty stressed when I walked in, everything alright?"

I sigh and wipe the condensation off the mug with my hand "no, it's not"

"Whats up?"

I take a swig of beer "a cop from our unit, he's a good friend. His girlfriend was abducted, he was too." I push the beer aside and rub my temple "they dumped him outside the district, a picture of his girlfriend pinned to his chest"

"Uh, wow" Tyler replies his body language changing all of a sudden, "nice seeing you Halstead, but I gotta go"

Something is off, I can't put my finger on it but I'm not letting him leave, "not so fast Tyler, start talking."

*******************************************************************************

Shit, I'm screwed now.

"What, Jay?" I try to play it off, but Jay knows me too well.

"You are coming with me" Jay says as his hand goes to his belt, reaching for handcuffs I'm sure.

"Those aren't necessary Jay, I'm coming" I can't get that woman's face out of my head, I'm not as cut out for this shit as I thought I was, I just hope the CPD can protect me.

*********************************************************************************

"Dad, you've gotta tell me what's going on, how did I end up here, where is Kim?"

He sits down beside me and starts to tell me "some van dropped you off in front of the 21st, Platt found you"

"That's good, did they find the van?" I'm hopeful, we need to catch a break in the worst way it's been three days since Kim was taken.

"Not yet, but Kim's brother is helping Voight"

I sit up in the bed and swing my legs over the side of the bed. My leg throbs but I don't care, "get my clothes dad, I have to go to the 21st!"

He hesitates, "no Adam, you can't leave son, you're hurt" he tells me.

"I will do it myself" I hop off the bed and nearly fall, he knows I'm leaving regardless of his opinion.

"Sit down, I will get them" he huffs, "you need to be careful, I will take you to the district"

"Thanks dad" I quickly get dressed, and sign myself out AMA. I give Anthony a quick kiss on my way out "please take care of him Amy"

"I will Adam, please be careful, I love you"

It doesn't take long to get to the 21st, I hobble up the stairs just as Jay is bringing someone in, I see red.

"You fucking son of a bitch! Where is she?" I yell, it takes Al, my dad and Hank to restrain me as Jay moves the son of a bitch into an interrogation.

"He's the son of a bitch who was holding me in that room, he knows where Kim is"