Chapter 13 Kim Burgess

I'm not sure where he went or what has changed for him but I'm happy to see him holding his son, who finally has a name.

Adam carefully moves to the crib and gently places Anthony inside it and he takes my hand, and we sit on the bed.

"I don't know much right now, but I do know how grateful I am to you for all you've done for me and Anthony" he starts "you have to forgive me, Kim I don't deserve you" I start to interrupt him, "let me finish" he says and I wait "I don't know what this says about me as a man, but I love you, and I have for awhile" he stands up "it's just all so confusing, I feel like shit, I'm a horrible person"

I go to him I put my hand on the small of his back as he looks down on Anthony, "Adam, I love you too. You aren't a horrible person, what happened to Wendy is awful and I will always feel sad for her and Anthony, but you aren't a horrible person. Your marriage has been over for a long time you told me that before all of this, please don't beat yourself up over this"

"Thank you for taking care of him, I don't where he would be if it wasn't for you" he tells me, his eyes searching mine "thank you for putting up with me" he leans in and kisses me.

"Adam, you don't need to thank me" I finally tell him as I struggle to catch my breath.

"Oh, I believe I do" he leads me to the bed, "let me show you, how much I love you"