Chapter 16 Adam Ruzek

"Hey, I'm going to stop by my dad's on my way home" I tell her, I can hear Al and Jay whispering behind me "kiss Anthony for me," I hesitate and finally think screw it, "I love you Kim" I can feel all their eyes on me and I really don't give a shit.

After I hang up, I can hear Jay gloating, "pay up Antonio, I so called it"

I can't help but laugh "seriously, fellas? You're taking bets on my love life"

Antonio handed Jay the money, "Ruzek, we're all happy for you, my wallet is a little lighter but I'm happy for you both" he shakes my hand, "you deserve to be happy, so does that kid of yours"

I'm not dreading the conversation with my dad, though I'm not looking forward to it either, he really liked Wendy and I'm not sure what his reaction will be.

Amy answers the door, I can see the disappointment on her face when she realizes I don't have Anthony with me "you didn't bring my grandson?"

"I'm sorry, I just got off work" she welcomes me in "I have a picture of him for you though" I hand her the picture Kim had taken of him the other day, he was smiling from ear to ear. Just the sight of Kim brings a smile to his face, it's pretty amazing.

"Oh Adam, he's just precious"

"We think so too" Kim told me this morning that she suspected Amy knew about us and I think Kim may be right.

"Adam, I just want you to know that all I want is for you to be happy, it's obvious Kim makes you happy" she smiles at me "you're the happiest you've been in a long time, no one will judge you Adam, and if they do they aren't worth it"

I'm blown away, "thank you Amy, that means a lot to me and I know Kim will feel the same way"

"I'm sorry you missed your dad, but Adam your dad he already knows about you and Kim and he's just as happy as I am, he just wants you to be happy" she hugs me "you made his year when you named that sweet baby after your brother"

"Thanks for loving my dad, I know he's not always the easiest person to be around, but when Anthony died I think a part of him died as well" I hugged her "Kim and I will bring Anthony for a visit on Sunday, does that work?"

"That's perfect"

I can hear the the tiniest little laugh as I walk in, Kim looks as if she's about to cry, "Kim, why do you look like you're about to cry?" I ask her as I join them on the floor.

"It's just the sweetest sound I've ever heard" I can't help but laugh, "don't laugh at me Adam" she playfully swats at my arm "I'm sorry, but how come Anthony can laugh at you?"

"He's a baby, and plus he's a lot cuter than you"

"When will I get to meet your parents?" Her mood shifts, and she leaves the room, I pick Anthony up and follow her into the bedroom, "Kim, what is it?"

"I'm scared Adam" she is near tears, this time they aren't of the happy variety.

I put Anthony in the crib and take her in my arms, "why are you scared?" I can't imagine what she could be afraid of "talk to me, please"

She picks Anthony up and cradles him, the love she has for him never ceases to amaze me, "my mother is a bitch Adam, and my father just allows her to be that way"

"Your mother doesn't scare me, darlin', don't worry" I tell her.

"You don't understand Adam, she isn't going to accept our relationship and they won't accept Anthony"