Chapter 65 Adam Ruzek Jay Halsted Jack Tyler Kim Burgess

"Get your fucking hands off me, he knows where Kim is, he fucking knows!" I scream throwing one of my crutches at him, nearly hitting Jay.

"Calm down Ruzek, and talk to me" Hank tells me as he guides me to my desk, I'm livid.

I plop down in the chair, Erin brings another chair over for me to prop by foot on "he's the son of a bitch who had me, they had me in some room. I don't know where, but he hit me with a bat or something, I'm guessing he dropped me off outside"

"Are you sure?" Al asks, "it's important Adam, think"

I nod, "positive Al, you gotta let me talk to him!"

Hank gets up "not happening, it's out of the question"

Mouse and another man come out of an office "Phil's good to go boss, he's all set up"

"That's been put on hold, Halstead has a person of interest in the interrogation room" he tells him "you aren't leaving though, so get comfortable"

I look the man up and down, "you? You're Kim's brother aren't you?" I'm up from my seat in seconds my hands on his shirt, I don't even feel the pain in my leg "I swear if she's hurt I will kill you"

"Son, let him go. Now Adam!" My dad's hands pull me back to the chair, "he's trying to help now, he's helping"

I smirk "too fucking little,too fucking late, what kind of coward let's his sister take the fall for him"

I think Erin senses that Phil isn't helping matters, "hey Phil, why don't you come sit in Hank's office" he follows her, my eyes never leave him as he enters the office Erin closing the door.

*****************************************************************************

"Sit down!" I snap at him, I can't believe he's mixed up in this shit, "what the hell happened to you Tyler?"

"That day, man it fucked me up" his jaw tense his eyes trained on the table, I'm not buying his shit excuse.

"Bullshit, you know it and I know it. I pulled the trigger man, not you. Tell me where she is"

"It's the truth man, I keep seeing her face" his eyes look vacant, "he will kill me if I tell you"

I smack him upside the head, "her boyfriend outside will kill you if you don't talk, either way you're fucking dead, at least we can help you if you tell us where she is"

******************************************************************************

I fucked up I know I did, how I ended up working the mafia I don't know. I think it was the desire to escape the past, to shut my emotions down. It's what I needed to do to work for that man, he was cruel and vindictive.

"I'm sorry Jay, I'm sorry" the tears start falling, it's like they've been stored for years and finally worked their way out.

"You can fix this Tyler, tell me where they're holding her"

I wipe my face on my sleeve, "he is gonna kill me, but I deserve it don't I? She told me she has a kid, I'm a bastard. She's about an hour east of her, in some old warehouse"

I give him the address, "thank you Tyler, you did the right thing"

*********************************************************************************

A new guy is outside the door, and he is the opposite of Tyler, I could see Tyler starting to soften towards me. I'm pretty sure that's why he's gone, the man outside is awful. He's beaten me every time he steps foot inside the room.

My body is covered in bruises, and I just want to sleep.

I keep hearing Adam call out for me, only to realize my mind is playing tricks on me, it's worse when I hear Anthony cry out.

I'm afraid if I fall asleep I won't wake up, and as much as I hate it part of me wants to just give up. I can't handle the pain anymore, the physical pain is nothing compared to the pain of missing Adam and Anthony.

"I'm sorry Adam, I can't fight it anymore, I love you and Anthony so much, I'm sorry" I say before giving in to sleep, "mommy loves you Anthony"

********************************************************************************

"Where are you going?" I yell as they all, run downstairs, not one of them will answer me or look me in they eye. "Damn it, tell me what's going on!"

"Sit down Adam, please!" My dad begs me, as I sit down I can feel the tears fall. My dad wraps his arms around me and holds me like I'm that little boy again and it's the night Anthony was killed.

"I'm scared dad"

"I know son, I know"

**********************************************************************************

Everyone is on edge as we drive towards the warehouse, the local police and SWAT are already on scene.

They have scoped it out and much to our surprise, only a handful of guys are guarding the building.

We can't seem to locate Enzo Scampanelli but he doesn't matter at the moment our goal is to get Kim out safely.

Hank goes over the orders once more before we get out, he called up Sean Roman from patrol to help out.

SWAT already has a perimeter around the building and snipers in place.

We're hoping to draw them out and take them down one at a time the last thing we want is a firefight with Kim somewhere inside. We get into position and the first flash bang is thrown inside, along with tear gas.

Two guys coming falling out the door both coughing, I let off two shots each hitting the intended target. Both men fall to the ground blood spilling from their heads, both dead.

I hear two more shots ring out and the radio comes alive "two more, dead"

Another shot, and another dead body.

"Move in, now!"

We search each room, I'm beginning to think they've moved Kim when Erin calls out for paramedics.

"Down here, third door on the left" she screams "hurry, it's bad"

**********************************************************************************

Trudy comes racing upstairs, "they got her Adam, they're en route to Chicago Med" my dad helps me to my feet.

"Is she.. tell me she's alive" I beg, I see Phil come out of the office "Sarge tell me"

She wrings her hands, "I'm sorry Adam, I don't know anything more, just go"

Phil starts to follow us, "you aren't coming" I snap at him.

My heart is in my throat, it's almost impossible to breathe.

The drive takes forever.

My dad parks in the fire zone, and I'm afraid to get out of the car.

As I make my way inside my heart stops....