Chapter 49 Enzo Scampanelli and Company

"Is she still out?" I ask as Tyler parks the van in driveway of the safe house, all things considered it went splendidly.

Tyler nods his head, "she's gonna be out awhile boss, she fought hard though" he showed him the scratches on his arm "she sure made a mess of the place".

"You did good. Now get her inside and make sure she is restrained" I know she will start fighting once she comes to.

****************************************************************************

"Let's get her out of the van, boys" it's nice to be giving orders again, sure I'm on the wrong side of the law this time but work is work.

I've been out of the Army for years now, but somethings never really leave you, and what happened that day will never leave me. I've just decided to quit running from it, this new line of work helps me. I don't know why it helps, but it does.

Maybe I'm hoping it will all catch up with me and I will face the music, I don't know much anymore. Guilt is a funny thing, it makes you do shit you would never consider had it not been for the guilt eating you alive.

"Hey Tyler!" Skip calls out from the drive away, "she's heavy, you plan on helping or just fucking day dreaming?"

"I'm coming"

We get her inside and sit her in a chair, tying her wrists to the armrests and her ankles to the legs of the chair, "should we tape her mouth shut?" Skip asks.

I shake my head no, "nah, she can scream and yell all she wants, no one around for miles to hear her"

I pull the camera out and take the picture Enzo requested, he wanted us to slap her around a bit, that I couldn't do it. I just did the tap to the back of her head to knock her out, but Skip was able to pop her in the face and her eye is swelling.

****************************************************************************

I can hear Tyler coming down the hall, I like this kid. He's efficient and effective plus he doesn't ask a ton of questions just gets the job done.

"Hey boss" Tyler says from the doorway "here's the picture you requested" he tosses the picture on the desk. "Anything else?"

I smile as I hold the photo in my hands, "not right now, I will call when it's time for phase two, the boys are with our guest, correct?"

"Yea, Skip and Trey are with her, she's out cold still boss" Tyler tells me as he heads out the door "I'm good to go?"

I stand up and meet him in the doorway and shake his hand "absolutely, keep the phone close, I may need your help again" I tell him, pleased to finally find a competent person.

"You got it" Tyler replies as he heads out.

My fun has just begun, I'm still waiting on locations for the Burgess boys and as soon as I have that they'll be receiving some mail from me.

Life is good, when you're at the top.