Chapter 68 Adam Ruzek Kim Burgess

I'm cursing these damn crutches, I've almost fallen twice.

I watch from the doorway as she struggles to sit up, "hey, you" it's all I can do without falling apart.

"Adam, my god Adam" she's in tears, I hop to the bed and sit down on the small space beside her.

I want to take her in my arms but her injuries prevent that "darlin', I'm so sorry" I kiss her, it's as if all the fear I felt the last few days was released in the kiss. We pull apart both breathless "I love you, so much"

********************************************************************************

He looks exhausted, I'm afraid if I close my eyes he'll disappear.

"How did you find me Adam?" I'm clutching his hand, "what happened to your leg?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "Jay got one of the guys to flip, the guy was an old friend of Jay's."

He doesn't tell me about his leg, "what happened to your leg Adam" I'm worried about him, he looks awful.

He inhales, "I was walking through the woods, to get back to our place, they had a patrol car watching my dad's house so I wouldn't leave. Hank cut me out of the investigation, so I was looking on my own. Someone grabbed me, they drugged me." he grabs my hand, "long story short, my leg was broken"

I can tell he's holding back, but I'm not going to push him, "where's Anthony?" I miss him so much "can you bring him here, I need to see him"

He smiles at me "he's on his way, my dad and Amy are bringing him"

"Hey, you want to talk about it?" His voice is filled with concern, I know I need to talk about it but I can't not yet.

I can feel the tears begin to form in my eyes, "not now Adam, I just need you and your son"

********************************************************************************

I smile at her, "okay, but Kim he's our son" my hand goes to the necklace around my neck, I'm about to take it off and ask her to marry me when I hear my dad and Amy come in.

"Anthony, oh baby!" Kim cries, "I love you so much baby" I can tell she wants to hold him.

"Come here buddy, come sit with Daddy" I take him from Amy.

"Kim, honey we're so glad you're safe" my dad tells her, "let's give them some time alone, Amy" I smile at him.

"Thank you both"

Anthony is sitting on my lap, "bud, what do you think? Should I ask her now?"