Chapter 54 Kim Burgess

"You need to eat, lady" he says as he puts the snack table in front of me and cuts the tape on my arm. "Don't try anything either, you ain't getting out of here" he tells me once my right arm is free, a gun in my face.

"Who are you?" I ask as I look over the sandwich, I'm not hungry at all but I know if I stand a chance of walking out of here I need to eat "what do you want with me?"

He doesn't say a word, he just watches as I eat the sandwich. "You're not going to tell me why I'm here? My boyfriend he's looking for me, so is the Chicago Police Department, they'll find me"

As soon as the sandwich is gone and the glass of water empty, he tapes my arm again, "please don't leave me here, let me go, I have a little boy" I can't help it, I'm crying again.

He stops at the door and turns to face me "sorry about that, I'm sure the kid will be fine" he's downright cruel, he smirks as he leaves, I can hear him slide the lock in place.

I scream so loud that it feels like the room shakes, it must have pissed them off because before I know it the door flies open and he's back.

"Lady, I'm going to shut you the fuck up!" He smacks me in the face with the back of his hand, he uses enough force to knock the chair over, my head bouncing off the concrete floor.

I can feel my eyelids get heavy, the entire room is spinning.

"I love you Adam" is the last thought I have.