Chapter 45 Adam Ruzek

I've finally been cleared to drive, work is still a week away but I'm thrilled to be able to get up and go on my own.

"Hey, I'm gonna take Anthony to the park for a little bit, give you a break" I tell her as I wrap my arm around her waist, breathing in the scent of her hair, I can feel her relax against my chest.

"Give me a minute to get changed and I will come too" she says as she turns in my arms, she must know I'm going to turn down her offer because she suddenly looks sad "never mind" she says as she walks off.

I know she's pissed at me, I've been on edge since I've bought the ring and today I'm going to pick it up and drop Anthony off with my dad and Amy for the night.

"Kim, come here" I call out, only to hear the bedroom door shut.

"C'mon Anthony let's go see grandpa and grandma" I tell him, Amy having already gathered what Anthony would need so Kim wouldn't be tipped off.

Though I'm pretty sure she knows something is up.

"Hey dad" He takes Anthony from me as soon as I step foot inside, Anthony is already giggling.

"Tonight's the night, huh?" I love watching my dad with Anthony "she's gonna say yes, son. Don't look so nervous Adam"

I lean back on the couch "she wanted to come out with us today and before I could say anything she got upset and went in the bedroom"

"She will be fine, now don't worry about this one, we've got it under control" my dad says as he hands Anthony to Amy.

"Thanks dad, Amy" I kiss Anthony on my way out. "I love you buddy, be a good boy"

The ring is beautiful, they did a great job.

My nerves are starting to go into a overdrive, I tried to come up with all of these elaborate proposals but none of them seem right.

I'm just going to take her out to eat and ask her at some point, I know it's not overly romantic but it's simple.

Kind of like our love, I don't have to do these grand gestures for her and she doesn't expect them either.

I still haven't brought up adopting Anthony with her, I know she will be willing but I want to ask her to marry me first.

For a fleeting second I think of Wendy, I loved her at one point but not the way I love Kim, and I know Wendy would be happy with me asking Kim to marry me.

------Note-----

Things are about to get to real! My Flueger-induced writers block has lifted!!

Though, I'd take that writers block again any day, you're all sick of hearing about it I know I'm sorry!

#sorrynotsorry

Kristi