chapter 9

Pedri came to us, and when he saw me, he went from smiling to frowning. But noticing everyone, including the coach, looking at him he become serious.
Pedri:  coach you called me what happened is everything okey?
He asked.
Xavi: We need someone for the press conference, and that someone will be you.
Pedri: Why me? I mean I don't mind, but shouldn't one of the captains handle this instead of me?
Xavi: yes, but they've all left, so...
Me: Your crown won't fall off either.
I commented more to myself, but he seemed to hear me and rolled his eyes, sighing.
Pedri: Well, if I have to, let's get this done.
Xavi: Great, everyone is already expecting us lets go.
He said, leading the way with Pedri and me following. But as soon as we distanced ourselves from everyone, he stopped and turned to us.
Xavi: Listen, both of you, I heard about yesterday's incident, that's why I chose you. Not to scold you, but to get you used to collaboration and to resolve these issues immediately or set them aside. I won't interfere much, but I want both of you to understand that this club is one big family that we all make. For it to thrive, there must be good relationships among its members, so I ask both of you to pull yourselves together, forget about the ugly start, and start a new properly.
Neither of you is a child; you're adults, so behave accordingly.
Now, let's really go and handle this press conference.
He said, and we nodded as he continued walking, leaving the two of us slightly behind. Silence prevailed until Pedri decied to spoke again.
Pedri: Just because I have to be polite because of this it doesn't mean I've forgotten that slap, you know.
Me: Well, I didn't hit you to be forgotten immediately, but to make sure you remember to watch what and about whom you talk, Mr. Big Star.
I retorted boldly, quickening my pace. But in the next moment, I felt someone's hand on back of my arm pulling me back, and a second later, I found myself pressed against a cold wall...