chapter 24

Me: But it's only a 15-minute walk; there's no need for this.
I protested, crossing my arms.
Pedri: Even if it's just five minutes. I can't let you walk alone. My mom would kill me if she found out I did that.
He said, starting to drive, and I added with a smile.
Me: Mom's golden boy, how obedient he is, even when she's not around.
He rolled his eyes at this.
Pedri: That's called upbringing. In case you didn't know, yes, I am my mom's son, and I'm proud of it. Because my mom is a wonderful woman who deserves the whole world and more, not just me listening to her and behaving as she taught me.
He said, and I was shocked after hearing such a statement from a guy like him.
Pedri: What, are you silent now? No comment on this?
He said, and I was taken aback.
Me: Well, I... you surprised me; honestly, I didn't expect this kind of response from you or any guy.
Pedri: What did you expect? That I'd be ashamed of my mom and mine relation with her?
He asked a bit irritated.
Me: Well...
He chuckled cynically.
Pedri: So you did. Well, I already told you, blondie, you don't know anything about me.
It's normal for things like this to surprise you.
Me: Well, I have to admit you're full of surprises. I never know what to expect when you're involved.
Pedri: Well, that's the whole fun of it. If all the cards were on the table from the beginning, it would be boring. I wouldn't even bother. You would just be boring and ordinary, like all other girls.
Me: Um, I'm not sure how to interpret this. As an insult or a compliment?
Pedri: Whatever suits you. Anyway, we're here if I remember correctly; this is your building.
He said, and I looked out the window to see that we were indeed in front of my building.
Me: Yeah... wait a minute, how do you know this?!
Pedri: You said it yourself; I'm full of surprises. Besides, it's not like I didn't hear Felix talking about meeting your friend to Gavi during training. And he mentioned that detail in the story.
Me: Ah, and you remembered that. I just wonder why?
I said, looking at him from under my eyebrow.
Pedri: Don't flatter yourself. I don't even know why I remembered it, but thankfully I did. If I didn't, you'd be walking here now.
Me: Wow, what a problem. Anyway, see you, idiot.
I got out of the car.
Pedri: It's called "thanks for the ride" doll .Bye to you too.
He shouted before I entered the building, and soon he left. I took the elevator to our floor, and in a few minutes, I was in front of the door.
I unlocked it and entered. I immediately went to the bathroom to take a shower because I was all sticky from sweat, and my body needed relaxation after such a tough training, which unexpectedly turned into a competition with that jerk.
When I finished, I removed my makeup and did my nighttime face routine, changed, and went straight to bed. My legs don't serve me anymore. I could hardly wait to touch the bed. And as soon as I did, I fell asleep.
However, my sleep didn't last long because just two hours later, I was awakened by Natalie, who barged into my room and jumped on the bed, waking me up. Bewildered and sleepy, I screamed, but when I realized it was her, I sighed and started laughing along with her, who was already bursting into laughter.
Me: That's you, you idiot! My heart almost stopped; I thought some maniac had broken in.
Natalie: Hahaha, well, it's not, but it could have been because you didn't lock the door. But luckily, it's just me. I wanted to let you know I arrived and share my impressions, but since you were sleeping, we'll leave that for tomorrow. Goodnight to you.
She said, hugging me.
Me: Goodnight to you too.
She left, and I went back to sleep.
*next day*
...