42 chapter

After a few minutes she returned with two cups of coffee and our favorite sweets. She sat down in the armchair opposite me and gave me a "start talking" look.
So that's what I did. I told her everything that happened, and after hearing all the details, she was in such a shock that she didn't say anything for five minutes.
Natalia: I don't believe what I just heard. So do you understand what all this means?!
She asked me and I looked at her confused.
Me: no,what?
Natalia: what really?! Girl he likes you very much.
She said and I waved my hand.
Me: come on, there's no way. How did you conclude that? If you are thinking that based on what is written in the newspaper headlines then..
She interrupted me.
Natalia: Oh belive me, there's definitely a chance. And it's not just based on that. But Pedri never talks so openly about private matters. He talks a lot about his family, but he never opened up to anyone like that. Especially not to the person he hates. Besides, he told you himself that he was confused. Which is more than clear evidence that there is something there. And everyone around you can see it, only you two won't admit that this chemistry exists. And that's all out of fear. It's easier for both of you to run away from it and pretend to hate each other than to admit to yourself and to everyone that you fell in love with each other whether you wanted to or not.
And I know that you will say that it is too soon that you broke up not to long ago and so on. But believe me, the heart only knows when the time is right and you cannot influence that. All you can do is let go and enjoy what awaits you.
She said and I was silent. Again, like the other day, I was taken aback. I didn't know how or what to answer her. And the fact that she might be right started to eat away at me and make me even more uneasy.
Natalia: as soon as you shut up, it means that you are aware that I am right. I'm telling you Bells, relax, you didn't do anything wrong if you fell in love. I know that you are afraid of getting atached to someone again and all that it brings, but you can't live your whole life in fear and deny yourself happiness because of it. You shouldn't do that to yourself. Neither of you to be exact.
Me: that's fine, but...
Natalia: but what? You think he doesn't feel the same way? Believe me, he feels that but his ego and feelings are hurt. Amelia and that breakup really shook him up. He is afraid that this will happen to him again. And that's why now he's trying to run away and hide his feelings for you by pretending to hate you. Of course he's confused because everything is happening so fast, but trust me, you two are anything but enemies.
Me: that's what he told me too.
I added, looking everywhere but at her.
Natalia: well, I know and he is right, and something tells me that you will soon get an answer to the question of what you actually are. That is, at least I hope it will be like that. Because I wouldn't like you two to stretch out as much as me and Joao did.
She said and I laughed.
Me: hahaha, why it didn't take long for you guys to get together.
Natalia: no no way, just 3 years. By the time I waited for him to realize that I was in love with him, I could have died and come back to life 300 times. And that's why you two needs to stop procrastinating and pretending. May the same fate not befall you.
Xx: and it's not worth the wait, so now you're rushing her?
Said a voice behind us and we both turned and saw Felix at the door. At that moment she took a sip of coffee and choked on it seeing him and realizing from his comment that he probably overheard our conversation. Especially this last part.
Natalia: khm..khm.. my love, from where you came?
You didn't tell me you were coming.
Joao: so should I? I thought I could come to my girlfriend whenever I wanted, and I wanted to surprise you. But instead of it you surprised me with that statemnt.
He said and she blushed and started to justify herself.
Natalia: but I didn't mean anything bad. You know that I love you and that...
She was explaining and I was restraining myself from bursting into laughter. Felix did the same. You could see that he was fighting with himself not to laugh, but he kept a serious expression on his face. He crossed his arms listening to her and she stood up and walked over to him.
Natalia: my love, I'm serious, it's not the way you think I am.. you idiot!
She shouted hitting him and he laughed out loud.
Natalia: it's not funny!
Joao: yes it is, the way you just got scared and started to make excuses hahahaha. Is that Bella?
He said and I just raised my hands up in defense.
Me: I don't get involved in it.
I said, and the two of them "argued" for a while, and then all three of us moved to the living room. We talked a little and they went somewhere for a ride and I was left alone. I decided to turn on a movie to relax and forget about everything for a little while. After a few minutes of searching, I found one that seemed interesting to me and put it on. But the thing I didn't expect was that the movie would be anything but relaxing because it was a romantic action movie. And to make matters worse, the plot reminded me of my situation. More precisely, the main female character was in a similar problem to mine. Which just fueled my brain to think about everything even more. Annoyed by that fact, I turned off my laptop. I took a shower and did my face care and went to bed because I realized that the only way I would get a break from everything was to fall asleep. Which I didn't manage for a long time because my thoughts did not give me peace. But after three hours of tossing and turning on the bed, I managed to fall asleep.
***
•next morning•
...