54 chapter

Pedri ran onto the ball and shot without much thought. Konate slipped trying to prevent the shot or at least deflect the ball, but to no avail. It went just over his leg and ended up in the net as Allison dived the other way.
The announcer announced the goal and Anfield, which had been singing until then, fell silent. Everyone from our bench jumped and began to rejoice. And at that moment it was Pedri who ran up to us. I thought he was going to hug one of his teammates or the coach, but no, he came up to me and hugged me tightly. I stood like a statue for a few seconds and then I do the same and somehow managed to speak up briefly.
Me: congratulations!
I shouted in his ear
Pedri: thank you, I always keep my promises. Although this is only the beginning of their downfall.
He said pulling away from me and winking at me. He ran back onto the pitch and I laughed because as much as I was embarrassed about this because I'm sure we'll end up in the papers again and the opposing fans already hate me with all their heart, I was somehow glad about this.
However, the smile fell from my face just a few moments later when I heard the following during the change that followed.
Xxx: did I see right or did Gonzalez hug Bella a while ago. The little greased-up Spaniard is determined to get her.
Trent: not on my watch
He said throwing the bottle he drank to the side and ran onto the field. And just a few moments later, what I feared the most happened. Pedri received the ball at that moment and just as he was about to pass it to Gavi, he was knocked roughly to the ground. Trent slid into him not a little gently. It was seen that the start was not intended to take the ball but to hit him. Pedri fell to the ground with a groan. Trent immediately got red but didn't seem to care. He had a satisfied expression on his face. My eyes from him immediately landed on Pedri who was lying on the grass, but instead of writhing painfully, he didn't move, his eyes were closed. Gavi, who was the first to approach him after the foul, called the medical team. They approached him and my heart started to skip a beat with fear. And just a minute later I felt as if I was losing the ground under my feet when I heard the following.
Xxx: give the stretcher quickly and call 911, the guy is losing his pulse.
Exclaimed one of the doctors who was unsuccessfully trying to revive him.
Soon they brought in a stretcher and put him on it and hurried to the exit. They passed by us, and seeing his pale face and the blood pouring down it, I felt a dull pain in my chest. Suddenly everything around me became blurry and I didn't see anyone else except the medical staff carrying him. And then I did what no one expected, and probably not even myself. I dropped the microphone and ran after them. I heard Natalia and Xavi calling me but I didn't care. Neither the game nor anything else matters to me anymore. I caught up with them when the ambulance arrived and they were putting him in the car. Without thinking, I started to enter the same, but they stopped me with a question.
Nurse: Miss, who are you, you are not allowed to come in if you are not family member.
She said cheekily, and I could hardly restrain myself from saying something ugly to her.
Me: Bella Rashford away team reporter. Please let me go with him.
Nurse: unfortunately I can't let you go as I said you are not family so you have no right.
Me: but...
Nurse: no, but the rules are such that...
She continued to preach, and then the movie broke for me.
Me: listen here, I don't care about your rules. That boy inside is the biggest young talent of Spain and my club Pedri Gonzalez. Someone has to go with him, and with the fact that no one from his family could come and that no one in the team speaks English well enough except me, I have to go, so get out of my way.
I said furiously and pushed her away and entered and sat next to the still unconscious Pedri.
Xxx: we are losing him hurry!
Exclaimed one of the doctors who attached a mask to him to help him breathe and even more fear seized me.
No, this must not happen. He can't die now.
We soon arrived at the hospital. They immediately put him on the bed and rushed inside, and I didn't leave them for a single moment. I ran along with them until the moment when they stopped me again in front of one of the halls.
Doctor: miss, you mustn't go any further. Stay here and we'll keep you updated.
One of the doctors said and then shouted.
Dr: call all staff we have an emergency intervention. The guy's life is in danger.
With those words, he disappeared behind the white door, and I remained standing motionless like a statue. I felt tears welling up in my eyes and his last sentence echoed in my head.
...
(Author inserted)
I know, I know, everyone will kill me for doing this, but I had to, and you will soon understand why.