39 chapter

" A new romance on the horizon?!
The talented Spanish midfielder Pedri Gonzalez, apart from making people sigh on the pitch, is considered one of the most attractive young men in Spain. And how fatal he actually is for the female population is evidenced by the fact that not even a new journalist from Barcelona could remain immune to his charm. Although it has been rumored since Bella Rashford's arrival at the club that she and Pedri can't stand each other, the footage says otherwise. Namely, in last night's match against Liverpool, Barcelona won 1:0. But the result fell into the background after the cameras recorded a very cute detail. During the celebration of the goal that decided the match, the first person Pedri shared the joy with was a young journalist.
She found herself in his lap after a minor accident, but the touches were not absent. Their passions got the better of them, and when they became aware of it, they separated, but it was too late. Because moments of tenderness have already been recorded."
It was just one of many articles written about us. They bombarded me with them since early morning, and to make matters worse, I will have to talk to Pedri about everything. Because all this concerns him too, so we will have to find a solution together.
Annoyed, I exhaled and folded my laptop and got up and headed towards the fields.
Training is soon over, which means I will be able to talk to him right away.
I got to the field just as they were heading to the locker room. Most of the players had already gone to change, and the one I needed was standing completely alone. He kicked balls towards the goal. Each subsequent one was sent into the network with a higher dose of strength. Which meant only one thing - he was nervous. Maybe this is not the best time, but I don't have much choice. When then we have to talk because the problem will not solve itself. I sighed deeply and came to him. I stood a little further away and coughed to get his attention, but nothing. He continued on his way, pretending not to have heard me.
Me: Pedri!
I addressed him by name now, shouting a little, and he only then turned around. He was frowning and there was a hint of anger in his eyes.
Pedri: tell Bella.
He said coldly and flatly turning back to the goal. And I rolled my eyes and came closer to him.
Pedri: whatever you wanted to say, you could have said from that distance.
He said without even looking at me, which made me a little annoyed, so I approached him and grabbed his chin, turning him towards me.
Me: I could but I won't. Apart from that, when you talk to someone, the basic culture is to look them in the eyes.
Pedri: what if I don't want to be cultured?
Me: you must have wanted it or not because it was your behavior that brought us here.
Pedri: us?! What are we that I have endangered us with my behavior?
He asked, and I was a little taken aback by this. I thought for a few moments because I didn't know what to answer him myself.
Me: so this one..
I started and he interrupted me.
Pedri: just don't say that we are friends.
He said and I looked at him confused.
Me: I didn't even think about it, but what are we doing then? Enemies?
Pedri: no, neither of it We work together so we are not enemies because we talk when we have to and when we don't. But we are not friends either because we are not close.
Me: nothing is clear to me now.
I said and he whispered to that.
Pedri: neither do I understand anything.
Me: and you expect me to understand.
I said, surprising him because he thought I hadn't heard him.
Pedri: what?
Me: what what you heard. I don't know how you plan for me to understand what you mean when you don't know what you're talking about.
I said and he sighed deeply, turning his back to me.
Pedri POV
I stared blankly and waited for her to get annoyed and leave because I fell silent in the middle of the conversation not knowing what to answer her last sentence. However, she did not do that. She continued to stand there calmly. There was silence for a while because no one spoke. I didn't know what to say and she was waiting for me to continue where I left off. After about 10 minutes, I continued to kick the balls, seeing in it some form of salvation. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Although I'm not a talkative person, I've never had this kind of block before. For the first time I was taken aback and without an answer. The question that was asked is running through my head, but the answer to it does not seem to exist. My thoughts were interrupted by her standing in front of me just as I was about to kick the last ball.
Me: what are you doing what if I kicked the ball I would have hit you directly in the face. So they would accuse me of being violent.
I said and she laughed.
Bella: how would they know it was your fault?
Me: you as a journalist are asking me that?
You guys are able to connect everything with everything. And when something is true and when it is not true. We are in enough trouble because of that video, and what would happen after that...
Bella: you're right, and speaking of the video, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. There's been a huge mess, we have to figure out how to solve it. Because not only will the internet and the media eat us alive, but you will also...
She said and stopped there, and I looked at her confused at this.
Me: what about me? What will happen to me?
I asked and now she was the one who looked away.
Me: I asked you something Bella. Don't be silent now. You can't start that topic on me and just shut up in the middle of a sentence.
I said grabbing her chin to make her look at me. I saw in her eyes that something serious was at stake. I lowered the tone a bit.
Me: sorry, tell me what it's about.
I said and she laughed.
Me: what?
Bella: nothing I just can't believe I heard from you sorry.
Me: Well, you see, miracles happen. But what did you start talking about?
Bella:...
**************
Author's note: NATTT PLEASE DONT KILL ME FOR STOPPING HERE🩷😅