37 chapter

*a few days later*
Bella POV
I was getting ready when I heard a knock on the door.  I said briefly "come in" and continued with my make-up.  The door opened after that and Natalia entered.  She was wearing her usual gear and of course Felix's jersey.
Natalia: are you ready?
Me: yes, I'll be ready in a minute.
Natalia: I don't mean arranging.  I was thinking about how you feel.  However, you will see you already know who after all this time.
She said and I sighed.
Me: I know, and I don't know what to tell you.  Somehow one part of me is ready, but the other is absolutely not.  S, I mean I came here so I wouldn't see him and get over it more easily.  But it seems to me that it will be even more difficult for me now.
I said and she came up to me and hugged me.
Natalia: I understand how you feel and don't worry, whatever happens you are not alone.  I am here for you.
Me: thank you Natt.  It means a lot to me to have your support.
Natalia: your wellcome  thats what we use friends for.  If I won't meet you when you need it, when will I?  Come on let's not talk a lot about it and pressurize.  We have a good game ahead of us which we should enjoy as much as possible.  The boys have been working hard and preparing for this.
Me: you're right, let's go.
I said and we picked up the last little things we needed and left.
The stadium was already full even though there were 30 minutes left until the match started.  Which promised a very good atmosphere.  Which I hoped would manage to carry me and make me not think about Trent and a possible conversation with him at least until the end of those 90 minutes.
*later*

Natalia: I'm going to see Joao to wish him luck, do you want to come with me?
She asked me, getting up from her seat and thus distracting me from the text I was looking at in order to shorten the time while we wait for the game to start.
Me: I won't  I will stay here.
Natalia: are you sure?, I mean I dont want to  leave you alone.
She said watching my face to make sure I was telling her the truth.
Me: yes, I'm sure, I'll survive 5 minutes of solitude.
Natalia: fine if that's what you want.  I'll be back soon.
She said and then left.
I never had a problem being alone in a cafe, on a date or anywhere because even though I was always a sociable, talkative and curious person, I also had that side of being able to function without problems without anyone around me.  I even adored those moments of peace and freedom, but this time it won't be an easy and beautiful challenge.  Because even though I thought everything would be fine, I was wrong.  Because as soon as she left, I started to panic that he would appear from nowhere and approach me while I was alone and unprepared.  Which soon happened.  Two minutes after Natalia left, I saw a group of Liverpool players heading in my direction.  And he was among them.  Not knowing what else to do, I pulled the hood of the jacket over my head and turned my back to them.  Hoping that none of them saw and recognized me before I did it.  The footsteps were getting closer and so were the voices that somehow managed to overpower the noise from the stands.  Or that's how it seemed to me, because apart from that and my fast heartbeat, I didn't hear anything else.  Especially that strong Scouse accent stood out from the rest.  And I know who it belongs to.  Because I remembered that tone of voice so well that I could notice even the slightest change in it.  It's a voice that made me tremble and meant soo much to me not too long ago.  He seemed happy and excited about the match.  Which made me a little sad, because I was hoping deep down that he would be in a slightly less good mood.  But judging by the laughter, it doesn't seem like that or he's pretending because he doesn't want his private life to affect the game.  His team needs him and this game is as important for us as it is for them.
Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder.
Xx: Bella is that you?
A voice asked and I was afraid to answer.  Trying to make out who spoke to me.  Fortunately for me, the voice repeated.
Xx: Hey, I'm talking to you.
That someone said and turned me towards him, and I somehow breathed a sigh of relief when I saw Pedri in front of me.
Me: and that's you huh it's good.
I said and he looked at me under his eyebrow.
Pedri: I don't know who you were expecting, but it was me.  I barely recognized you, what's that hood for  it's too hot.
He said and I looked around and then took it off.
Me: amm, I put it on so that the wind wouldn't spoil my hair.
I said and he looked at me like I'm not normal.
Pedri: ok stupid reason but okey. Btw Natalia asked you to wait for her in front of our dressing room, she needs your help with something.
Me: okay, thank you and Pedri..
I called out as he started walking away.  Te turned to me, waiting for me to finish my sentence.
Me: good luck!
I said and he looked at me silently for a few seconds and then he smiled and answered.
Pedri: thank you witch.
After that he ran back to the tunnel because the game starts in a few minutes.