Part 45- Katie Nolan

The Agent- Katie Nolan

You got to the hospital and were informed of the accident and we're allowed to go and see Alex

You got to the hospital and were informed of the accident and we're allowed to go and see Alex. You went to the room and cursed him out as you looked concerned and angered at the same time as he was relatively okay, some minor scrapes and bruises but other than his car taking the brunt of the damage, he was fine. You hugged him and he says he's fine he didn't know what they told you and his phone was dead. You pulled up a chair and sat with him for most of the evening/morning and he insisted you go home but you weren't leaving him until his x-rays and other scans came in. You had texted with some friends or y'all's and ended up on a long text chain with Katie Nolan, a sportscaster with ESPN whom you hadn't talked with in a while.

She was from Boston and you didn't get up that way very often but she and Mina were good friends and you had been trying to convince her to join your agency along with some of the others then you represented. She was more receptive the more and more y'all talked and as you explained what was going on and why you wouldn't be able to make it to the meeting you had planned she surprised you by saying she was going to come up there and meet with you. The nurses check on Alex pretty infrequently but they had a lot going on and the doctor eventually comes and gives him an update about his x-rays which aside from some internal bruising there wasn't any signs of anything broken which made you and Alex feel a lot better.

Katie texted you that she had arrived and you go and meet her in the lobby as you hug and take a seat in the lobby as you talked for a bit and you come and introduce her to Alex who says he's a fan of her work

Katie texted you that she had arrived and you go and meet her in the lobby as you hug and take a seat in the lobby as you talked for a bit and you come and introduce her to Alex who says he's a fan of her work. The three of you talk sports for a while and as Alex eventually drifts off to sleep as some of his pain meds finally kick in, you and Katie talk about life and how she thinks you're a good friend. You ask how things were for her and her show and podcast and she admits she isn't nearly as fulfilled as she thought but being a woman in the sports world isn't always easy and was never going to be and she knew that. You smiled and touched her hand and commented that what she and Sarah and Diana and Mina for sure had done and were doing was beyond impressive.

That what Jemel Hill and Cari Champion, Rachel Nichols and so many others were starting to do by breaking through and being finally heard and acknowledged for their views was incredible. They maybe weren't trailblazers, but they were certainly setting the mold for what success in the field looked like for women. She blushed and smiled and cupped a hand over yours as she gave you a smile and then bit her bottom lip.