Chapter 37

Becca's pov

I woke up because I heard a noise outside my room. I tried to hugged freen but she's not in my bed. I get up and check for her in the bathroom but she's nowhere to be found. I start panicking and about to go to my parents room. But to my surprise they were all standing in front of my door when I open it.

Freen was holding a cake with a candle. They start singing a happy birthday when they saw me. While richie holding a camera trying to record what was happening.  For pete's sake, I wonder what I look like.

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you happy birthday  happy birthday, happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday dear becky.

Now make a wish princess. My dad said smiling while my mom waiting for me to blow the candle. I smiled at them happily and look at freen who was smiling too.

I feel already complete when I met freen. And my family, I'm so happy to have a family like them. I am so thankful for the love, acceptance and support that they are giving for me and for freen.

I close my eyes for a second and blow the candle. My parents start clapping their hands as if I was a three year old. "Well, they are always like that ever since".

So time for your gift? My dad said. I smiled at him and nodded. Freen put the cake inside my room. And we walked downstairs with our hands intertwined.

My parents were waiting for us at the sala. Clearly, this can't wait for tomorrow. Im already used to it. My dad really like surprises, and I know where I get that to myself.

He then hand me a brown envelope with a folder inside. I furrowed my eyes as soon as I saw it.

Open it princess, that's our gift for you. He said smiling while my mom snuggling to him like a teenager. I smiled at their sweetness. "Guess where I get that?"

I took the folder out and open it. My jaw dropped while reading whats in the folder. Its the title for the mansion under my name.

Dad, mom. Why are you giving me this house. I already have an apartment.. I asked them confusedly. Its not that I don't like the gift. But for me it is too much. Knowing that this house has a lot of meaning for our family.

We know dear. But me and your dad is already getting old. And this house is very important to us, and you know that. That is why we decided to gave it to you. We want you to take care of it. This house was already standing over a century. Mom explained

Why not gave it to Richie instead of me? I asked again and they chuckled.

You know how busy is your brother with our business princess. He don't even stay at home for a week as he always out of town. My dad answered. While looking at Richie who is grinning.

Mom dad, thank you so so much for everything. I said while hugging them.

Are you ready for Freen's gift? They all said in unison. That makes Freen scratch her nape.

Okay, it seems that all of you are hiding something from me. I said furrowing my brows. While crossing my hands.

No, we are not love. We are just so happy that you are happy with her. Mom said smiling.

So do I need to close my eyes babe? I asked freen who is blushing now.

No need for that. But I'm gonna need the help of your brother to bring it here. She answered and it makes me confused. Why does she need the help of Richie.?

She then stared at Richie who is half seating on the armchair with his hands on his pocket.

Richie smiled and nodded at her before they left.