Part 4-trying out for football

"Hey" Tumisang walks in class and comes directly to my table

"What's up?"

She sits on top of the table, "So are you going to try out for football later?"

I lean back on my chair, "Your brother doesn't seem to want me on the team"

"Trust me he is like this in the beginning but once you get to know him i am sure you will get along well." she grins and i notice her one dimple on the left side

"Will see"

She gets off the table, "Just know that i will be watching you" She winks and makes her way over to her table

She is playing too much and since i don't want any trouble i am going to stay away from her.

The teacher finally comes and our last lessons of the day starts.

....

Lunch time i choose to sit far from the popular kids. Shane did beg me to join them but i respectfully declined. If i keep a low profile i will make it out of this school without anyone figuring out why i had to transfer here on the second term of form 5. My Father went through a lot in order to pull the strings to get me into the school.

"Can i sit with you" There is a guy standingg there holding his food

"I don't own the table"

He laughs, "Yeah i know, just had to be polite about it" he settles down, "I am Bogosi, i thought you would be sitting with the cool kids, did they kick you out already"

"No"

He chuckles, "Chill i am joking, chances are you thought you were way better than them and then decided to start your cool kids club"

I shake my head, "I prefer to be alone"

"Doubt that, you are new?"

"Yeah" I remember that i didn't tell him my name, "I am Kitso by the way"

"Okay, how come they let you transfer in the middle of the schol year?"

"Our dad was tranfered here so we didnt have anyone to stay with, that is why they let us come also i am sure he paid a lot of money"

He nods slowly, "I swear this school just wants to make our parents poor, you know i told mom that i was okay with being in public school and she didnt even want to hear it. I could be playing football at my full capacity but nah i just gotta let Tumo be the king"

"What are you talking about?"

"Tumo is the football captain, he is not really that good so anyone who tries to do more than him gets kicked out of the team or gets hurt"

Is that why they didn't want me in the team, "So you are in the football team?"

"Yeah just gotta keep a low profile"

"I was thinking of joining the team and he was against it, i am going to do it anyway. I am not going to let him bully me into not playing"

He leans back and narrows his eyes, "You look like the type that would win this"

"Yeah sure i will"

"he is going to be mad, listen i am calling the entire school to come see your tryout."

GUILTYजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें