Part 14-The start of something

Practice wasn't bad. The guys were focused. You could say they all want to be chosen as the Captain. I just couldn't care much for it so whoever gets chosen i will work well with them to ensure that we get to be champions this year.

I am making my way back to class when Bogosi catches up with me, "You heard the news?" he asks

"What news?"

"Aiden broke up with Tumisang. I mean she is the girl that most guys want and now she is finally free"

Free huh, "Yeah i mean she told me"

He stops walking, "She told you, what do you mean by that?"

"I walked in on her and i thought she looked sad and when I asked she told me about the break up"

"Lies, she wouldn't just blunt it out unless maybe she wants you"

I laugh, "Wants me?"

"Dude, i am sure she wouldn't just want to date anyone who would be below Aiden so you could be her target"

"Her target, nah" I don't feel like telling him the truth plus what i shared with Tumisang could have just been nothing but a kiss that will never happen again

"Okay if you say so, i will see you tomorrow and oh i think you are on the run for Captain"

"What do you mean?"

He grins, "I know things" He walks to another direction while i make my way to class.

When i get to class i find Tumisang waiting by my locker in her netball kit, "You took forever coming here"

"What you missed me or something?" I stand in front of her

"Maybe" She pulls me over to her by my t-shirt and plant a soft kiss on my cheek, "I have time to waist you want to have some ice cream or pizza maybe wings. Whatever you want?"

"Tumisang are you asking me out on a date?"

She laughs, "Nah, our date would have to be fancy"

"Okay i can do with some ice cream let me call my brother and see if he can go home without me"

"He could come with us, i would love to meet him"

I don't know how i feel about it, "Honestly ..."

"Too soon, sorry maybe i am just excited to be hanging out with you"

"I get it, let me call my brother"

"Okay i am just going to change will meet back here?"

"Yeah i will also have to go and take a shower before we go"

She nods and heads to the girl's showers.

When she is out of sight i call Jason who answers on the first ring, "Dude what's up?"

"Are you by the gate?"

"Yeah and you are taking your sweet time to get here" I don't think he is even worried that i am taking time. He enjoys the vibe at the gate.

"Well i am going out for ice cream with a girl"

"Okay so this is your way of telling me to go home alone?" he asks

"You don't mind right?"

"No ways go out and have fun."

"Please get on the next combi, i don't want you going home late"

he laughs, "Trust me i won't"

"Good" I hang up and head to the boys showers.

..

Tumisang and i decide to get some fries and wings with drinks. We have about an hour before we both head home and we are going to make the best of it.

"So you have a brother?" She asks

"Hmm, we live with our dad"

She leans back on her chair, "That is rare, it is mostly mothers who stay with their kids"

It hits me that she thinks that our mother left us with our dad, "Tumisang it is not like that, our mother died"

Her eyes widen, "Oh, i am sorry"

"It is okay, it happened a long time ago"

She nods slowly, "So you still coming to our little chill session"

"Do you want me to?"

She laughs, "I wouldn't be asking if i didn't need you, it will be fun"

"Chances are your brother might not want me there"

She shakes her head, "Don't worry about him i will deal with him"

"A lot of people are warning me to stay away from you, what do you have to say for yourself"

"A lot of people?" She asks

"Yeah, i have been warned what do you have to say"

She giggles, "I guess maybe they think that i will break your heart"

"Do you want to break my heart"

"I can never, we would make a cute couple also i can't risk other girls having you"

"Okay i guess will see where this goes"

She smiles, "Yeah we will"