Part 17-What's going on?

Kayla is by her locker, she is packing book in her locker while singing along to music coming from her airpots. I make my way over to her and take out her left airpot. She glances at me with a frown but it disappears as soon as she realizes that it is me.

"Hey you" She takes out her remaining airpot

"Hi, you woke up thinking of me"

She shakes her head, "Not really, i was just bored"

"The lies you tell" i give her back her airpot and lean by the locker next to hers, "So about my school work..."

"We can start this weekend, i mean i know that after school you have football so weekends will be perfect. You can either come to my place or i will come to yours"

"How about we do your place this weekend"

She shakes her head, "It won't be possible my mom has this tea thing with her friends so your place will be good for the weekend"

"Okay cool, is Tumisang in class?"

"Yeah" One word, i guess she is not happy with me wanting to hang out Tumisang

"Later okay"

She nods and goes back to packing her books while i make my way in class. Tumisang is writing some notes so i walk over to my chair first leave my back on my desk and go at the back to join her.

"Morning"

She looks up from her notes, "Hey, I guess you didn't miss me much"

"Why are you saying that?"

"I mean you knew that i was here but you went on to hang out with Kayla first"

I take a deep breath, "We sit together i couldnt just...."

"You could have just said goodmorning, yall can always catch up" Her eyes fall back on her notes

"Okay i am sorry"

She looks back at me, "Do you also want to be her friend?"

"There is no how we cannot be friends Tumisang we sit next to each other"

"What about me?"

Is she jealous over Kayla, "We are building som..."

"Tumisang" We both glance at the door and Aiden is standing there, "Can we talk"

"I guess" Tumisangs gets up, "I will be right back" She says and makes her way over to Aiden.

...

Tumisang didn't come back until registeration. I acted like the whole thing didn't bother me even thought it did. Kayla saved me from texting her, i was typing a message to her when Kayla joined me so i put my phone away.

We are now on our first lesson and I am trying to focus in class and everytime my mind tries to think about Tumisang i remind myself that i have to up my grades. In the middle of our class a students is sent to call our teacher to the staffroom and we are left all alone.

I glance over at the back and Tumisang is laughing at whatever Pako just said.

"You are making it obvious"

I glance at Kayla, "What?"

"That you like her" She whispers

"I don...."

She rolls her eyes, "Save me the lies Kitso, i can move to her sit and ..."

"No don't move"

She narrows her eyes on me, "You sure, i mean i don't mind"

"Yeah i am sure"

"Okay"

Our teacher finally comes back and i am thankful.

....

I decide to ditch breaktime to go through some notes for our next lesson. They are way ahead of me in History and i realize i have a lot to catch up on. Kayla borrowed me her book and i couldn't be more thankful.

"Are you avoiding me?" Tumisang walks through the door

"What, no"

She comes and sits next to me, "You haven't looked my way since i came back"

"Lessons began was i supposed to stare at you the entire time" It comes out harsh. "Sorry you know what i mean"

"Nothing happened with me and Aiden, he wanted us to get back together but i told him that i don't want to"

"Ok"

"Kitso do you get that i really like you, you gave me the courage to walk away from Aiden"

"But you are still healing from ..."

"Can you stop with That, i am not healing from anything gosh" She gets up, "I long made up my mind to leave Aiden, i healed. I am okay" She walks to the window

"I don't want ...Aiden is part of the football team"

She laughs, "You act like they never backstab each other, if only you knew"

"I don't want to go down to their level"

"Ok"

I get up make my way over to her and hug her from behind, "Don't be mad please"

"I am not, you just don't like me"

"You are wrong"

She turns to face me, "Really?"

I kiss her forehead, "Yeah, i like you too. I just don't want trouble with the team that's all"

"There won't be any trouble, please just give us a chance"

"Tumi"

"Fine i will talk to Aiden and my brother"

"You don't have to"

"Apparently i do"

I sigh, "Fine"

"Can we not argue" She tiptoes and kisses me. I hear footstep and then pull back

"Sorry, i didn't mean to ..." It is Kayla, "Never mind continue" She leaves